Can cruiselines get a thread removed?

Karysa

I'll answer one by one; my responses in RED

Just curious. I know that at least some of the cruiselines have a staff member comb through cc. I have also seen where said rep responds to a thread stating that if the OP ( usually its the OP) would contact them, they would like to investigate the matter. What happens if this cruiseline staffer believes the complaint is unjust once the investigation into it is complete?

Nothing happens on our end. If the cruise line would like to contribute to the discussion, they are welcome to do so.

Do they prove their point to the appropriate cc staff member(s) and ask that the thread be removed?

No, we aren't the judge or jury here. To be blunt, it wouldn't make any difference to us what the cruise line said. You know what they say about stories: there are THREE sides to every one of them: yours, mine and what really happened. The truth of the matter is, I have never had a cruise line ask me to remove anything of this nature from the forums.

What happens if the cruiseline deals with the OP and rectifies the complaint? Do the cruiselines get to post what they did to resolve the issue?

They are welcome to do so. EVEN BETTER would be if the original poster came back to the thread and posted what happened.

Hope this helps, Laura

I am very glad that I posted this question. Thank you for your most thorough reply.

One more question but it's done with tongue in cheek:D. Here it goes. Is there any chance of starting up a mini people's court forum on cc, and if so are you looking for a moderator?;)

• Administrators
I am very glad that I posted this question. Thank you for your most thorough reply.

One more question but it's done with tongue in cheek:D. Here it goes. Is there any chance of starting up a mini people's court forum on cc, and if so are you looking for a moderator?;)

Also said tongue in cheek "Isn't every single thread one of those?"

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Laura

Actually Laura....I did e-mail you but I never got a reply, so I'll ask here. Are Viking, Grand Circle Travel, Vantage, AMA, Tauck, Go-Today and Smartours considered "cruise lines/tour operators" or "travel agencies"? Some of which you can book through another TA, some you can only book directly through them. And does that option make a difference as to what they are considered?

Edited by marco

• Administrators

If they aren't a cruise line and they sell cruises, they are an agency. We are trying to keep the playing field level.

Edited by LauraS