difference is types of ships?

cruisegirl1

My Celebrity cruises have all been on three of the Solstice class ships. I am considering a cruise on the Constellation. What, if any, MAJOR differences will I find between these two classes of ships.

Also - I beleive the veranda, concierge and AQ cabins/ balconies are basically the same (size and layout) on the Solstice class. Is this the case for Millennium class?

Thank you.

M

ps meant to title the thread Difference IN types of ships - and cannot change it now!

Edited by cruisegirl1

My Celebrity cruises have all been on three of the Solstice class ships. I am considering a cruise on the Constellation. What, if any, MAJOR differences will I find between these two classes of ships.

Also - I beleive the veranda, concierge and AQ cabins/ balconies are basically the same (size and layout) on the Solstice class. Is this the case for Millennium class?

Thank you.

M

ps meant to title the thread Difference IN types of ships - and cannot change it now!

Connie was my first, and going back on her this weekend after 2 S class this year.

On M class, the Concierge and above cabins are a bit larger wheres S class they are same cabin size. M class, bathrooms have shower curtains in concierge and below cabins.

M class, not much variance in the Royal and Celebrity suites other than whirlpool.

I found the M class ship to basically be the same as S class but smaller in regards to dining, entertainment etc. I'm sure there're are plenty of differences, But I see no BIG difference. Smaller ship, fewer people is nice for some.

M class had specialty dining added later as afterthought, so MDR overlooks the aft which is nice to not have to book specialty for the view that is taken by specialty restaurants on S class..

Glass elevators overlooking views to sea is nice on M class.

I do miss Molecular bar though.

Thanks all. The differences seem minor to me. I did recall some discussion about cabin size so I appreciate the clarification. The specialty restaurant view is not a factor (except for Alaska) as it is usually dark when we dine. I don’t love salt water pools – but that is not a deal breaker.

Looks like I will enjoy the ship.

Thanks M

Worth booking M class for the T pool alone - it is so much nicer than the Solarium pool on S class (the pool itself, not necessarily the area). Don't know why they dropped it as so many people love it. Also don't know why they can't warm up the Solarium pools a few degrees higher to make them more comfortable. Sigh. I am wishing I was on Connie right now. She is one of my all-time favorites.

Like many long time Celebrity cruisers, I prefer M class (although I love S class as well). Why? Well, besides the T pool, I prefer the size, I like having 3 sets of elevator banks, I really hate the Atrium on S class (very noisy and I think a really poor venue for the music and dancing they do there). I vastly prefer the rendezvous lounge on M class ships - much better for dancing. M class ships have better and more convenient storage in the rooms IMHO. There are fewer people on M class so sometimes (not always) there will be fewer lines upon embarking, at ports, etc.. Downside? Bathrooms not as nice, fewer bars to choose from, and TVs not as conveniently placed (don't recall if they are the same size or not). They are also older so no matter how diligently Celebrity maintains them you may see a bit more wear and tear. But overall great ships. Would not hesitate to sail any of them

I love both, but there is a major difference in the spa area/relaxation space. M-class does NOT have floor to ceiling windows looking over the ocean. The space is enclosed and dark.

Also, there are fewer restaurants and bars on the M-class (I love the Lawn Club and the Molecular bar). Having said that, the service I have encountered on all classes has been stellar! I have a reservation on both the Connie and The Summit coming up and looking forward to being on both!

I love both, but there is a major difference in the spa area/relaxation space. M-class does NOT have floor to ceiling windows looking over the ocean. The space is enclosed and dark.

Also, there are fewer restaurants and bars on the M-class (I love the Lawn Club and the Molecular bar). Having said that, the service I have encountered on all classes has been stellar! I have a reservation on both the Connie and The Summit coming up and looking forward to being on both!

Agree with your first comment. The S class area is so much nicer. The M class has the great T pool, my favorite spot on their ships. Too bad they couldn't have combined the design of S with the pool of M - heaven.

I vastly prefer the rendezvous lounge on M class ships - much better for dancing.

I agree and had forgot. I was disappointed in it's absence on the S class. It is as a great mix and mingle place that the other ships just really don't get. They have meeting spots but the magic of passing thru the rendezvous lounge is lost.