Getaway Questions: Ask 'Em Here!

Can I just clarify that a little. There are two issues here, whether a restaurant is included in the UDP and whether you can get it delivered to your suite.

Ocean Blue isn't included in the UDP, I assume because it is a lot more expensive than the others. The a la carte places are also not included.

As regards delivery to the Suite, I don't know about Ocean Blue, but Teppenyaki and Moderno are not available because of the nature of the meals (cooked or carved at the table). That is regardless of whether you have the package or are paying by the meal.

I think that's what you meant, but it didn't read like that to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the clarification, Keith. I haven't personally experienced the UDP or having food delivered to a suite, but the following is pasted from an email I received yesterday from Cruise Critic's PR contacts at Norwegian:

"Yes, suite guests who purchase unlimited dining can have food delivered to suite (except for Ocean Blue, which does not offer deliveries)."

I take that to mean Moderno and Teppanyaki are able to be delivered, but, again, I haven't tried it personally.

Hi there,

Yes! Food from the specialty restaurants can be delivered to your cabin if you're in a suite and have purchased the unlimited dining package. The only specialty restaurant it doesn't apply to is Ocean Blue, which doesn't do delivery (no clue why).

Thanks so much for clarifying this Ashley! We will be purchasing the UDP on our May 31st sailing. :D

Who is it that created this spreedsheet? :):):):)

Some crazy dude who thinks he knows ships. I believe he had too much time on his hands, but I heard he finally got a real job. :p

I suppose it's somewhat helpful on a cursory level. ;)

Thanks for the clarification, Keith. I haven't personally experienced the UDP or having food delivered to a suite, but the following is pasted from an email I received yesterday from Cruise Critic's PR contacts at Norwegian:

"Yes, suite guests who purchase unlimited dining can have food delivered to suite (except for Ocean Blue, which does not offer deliveries)."

I take that to mean Moderno and Teppanyaki are able to be delivered, but, again, I haven't tried it personally.

I'd imagine they aren't, but I suppose you never know. More likely it's an example of shore staff not knowing what's happening. I'd imagine that a lot of the appeal of those venues is lost if you have it delivered, but I suppose it's feasable (more so for Moderno, someone still needs to cook the food at Teppenyaki).

Looks like this one needs clarifying. :)

Some crazy dude who thinks he knows ships. I believe he had too much time on his hands, but I heard he finally got a real job. :p

I suppose it's somewhat helpful on a cursory level. ;)

Lol :)

Thank you Bear!

Hoping to go and see Getaway tomorrow when she is docked at Pier 88.

Looking forward to Ashley's review and answers to all these questions.

Happy Sailing!

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

We are sailing in August. I don't see what the options are on the Getaway for beverage packages and wine packages. They say everyone has to have a package and I wa on deign what was included in the packages and if I could purchase the wine one while my husband had the be beverage one. Our daughter is not much of a drinker. When we were on Celebrity we purchased for her a package that include freshly squeezed juices and smoothies etc. Havn't seen such option on NCL. So not sure whether to do packages or not.

We are sailing in August. I don't see what the options are on the Getaway for beverage packages and wine packages. They say everyone has to have a package and I wa on deign what was included in the packages and if I could purchase the wine one while my husband had the be beverage one. Our daughter is not much of a drinker. When we were on Celebrity we purchased for her a package that include freshly squeezed juices and smoothies etc. Havn't seen such option on NCL. So not sure whether to do packages or not.

This isn't a question specific to the Getaway. The NCL policy is that the beverage package must be purchased by everyone in the room. If your daughter is under 21 then she needs to get the soda package. If there is just one drinker out of three of you then just move on and look at other options.

The wine deals are quite good. Search Vino Vivo on this forum to find out more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

woldnt be possibleto purchase one drink card as I cannot drink 49$ worth of liquor a day as I am diabetic.my husband probably can so one card is enough

Unfortunately, Norwegian's fleetwide policy is that if one adult in a cabin buys the alcohol package, all adults in the same cabin (or using the same credit card, even if in a different cabin) must also purchase it. As Keith said, that also includes anyone between the ages of 2 and 20, who must have a soda package purchased on their behalf instead. You can find more info here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1470.

Just off the Getaway, after a great crossing of the Atlantic. It was the best of my 26 cruises. The ship is beautiful, the food was great and the entertainment was out of this world. On many nights we sea three different shows.

This ship is not to be missed

Steve R from Illinois

Thanks for the report. :)

Were the seas rough approaching NA? Specifically the last night sailing into NY? If so, did you hear the max wave heights?

TIA

According to DW the chefs had trouble cooking and several trays of food were casualties of the rough seas.

Hi there,

Yes! Food from the specialty restaurants can be delivered to your cabin if you're in a suite and have purchased the unlimited dining package. The only specialty restaurant it doesn't apply to is Ocean Blue, which doesn't do delivery (no clue why).

Can guests staying in balcony cabins have 'room service' - breakfast delivered to their rooms? We are sailing on Getaway 3.1.14 and cannot wait.

Thanks!

There are no formal nights. Feel free to dress up whenever you want. You won't be the only ones.

People wearing Jeans are generally a minority and most people dress smart but casual. If you are really bothered by what others are wearing then NCL may not be for you.

Edited by KeithJenner