Two Suite Questions

Lacaena

Hi everyone!

I have a couple of questions about suites.

Background info, feel free to skip :D We are sailing the Getaway this October and are thinking about the Breakaway for Sept or Oct of 2015. A couple of years ago we took my MIL on a cruise to the Caribbean and she loved it and would really like to go again. Her only complaint was that it was too hot. I chuckled at this and told her "it's the Caribbean, of course it's hot." Anyway long story short we'd like to take her again and we were thinking Bermuda might be a better climate for her.

On to the questions:

We'd like to book in the Haven but I really don't need a two bedroom family suite. It looks like the aft penthouses have a separate bedroom and living room and this would suit us just fine. Is that the case? The floor plan for this suite isn't on their website. Are there any other Haven suites that have a separate bedroom and living area but not two bedrooms? We really don't need a huge room like a DOS or OS.

Secondly, we might buy future cruise certificates in October on the Getaway. I know that one certificate is good to reserve any "non-specialty suite." How many do they require to book a Haven suite?

Thanks everyone :)

Hi everyone!

Background info, feel free to skip :D We are sailing the Getaway this October and are thinking about the Breakaway for Sept or Oct of 2015. A couple of years ago we took my MIL on a cruise to the Caribbean and she loved it and would really like to go again. Her only complaint was that it was too hot. I chuckled at this and told her "it's the Caribbean, of course it's hot." Anyway long story short we'd like to take her again and we were thinking Bermuda might be a better climate for her.

On to the questions:

We'd like to book in the Haven but I really don't need a two bedroom family suite. It looks like the aft penthouses have a separate bedroom and living room and this would suit us just fine. Is that the case? The floor plan for this suite isn't on their website. Are there any other Haven suites that have a separate bedroom and living area but not two bedrooms? We really don't need a huge room like a DOS or OS.

Secondly, we might buy future cruise certificates in October on the Getaway. I know that one certificate is good to reserve any "non-specialty suite." How many do they require to book a Haven suite?

The aft suites do have a separate bedroom, and not only that, have a 2nd bathroom (small) in the living room that even has a shower.

I believe the front facing suites also have a separate bedroom, but I am not sure about a 2nd bathroom.

If you go with the aft penthouse, you may want to consider deck 11 or 14 as those 2 decks have a different floor plan for the aft penthouses. The bathroom is interior, so no windows, BUT, there is a second sliding door to the balcony from the bedroom, so you could go out and enjoy the balcony in the evening after MIL has gone to bed in the living room without disturbing her. (That is, if the Getaway aft penthouses are identical to the Breakaway).

On the Breakaway the forward penthouse suites have a separate bedroom.

There is more then enough storage and closets in the bedroom for three

people. There is only one bath and the entrance is from the bedroom. I have

stayed in this suite with my daughter and loved it. The aft penthouse would

give you the options of a second bath.

Have you considered Canada & New England, Alaska or Pacific Coastal cruises? Those cooler itineraries are something she might like. NCL Jewel Class Haven ships have (2) one bedroom Haven Suites that are very nice if you don't need the 2nd bedroom.

Thank you all for the helpful responses!!! I don't understand why the floor plans aren't on the website!

Have you considered Canada & New England, Alaska or Pacific Coastal cruises? Those cooler itineraries are something she might like. NCL Jewel Class Haven ships have (2) one bedroom Haven Suites that are very nice if you don't need the 2nd bedroom.

That's a great suggestion :) we're dying to do Alaska! We live in New England so a Canada/New England cruise isn't something we're super interested in at the moment. Eventually I'm sure we'll get sick of other itineraries and we'll give it a go. As far as Alaska we REALLY want to go but because it's so far we'd like to extend the vacation on one side or the other and we don't have the time off available to do that just now :(

Hi everyone!

On to the questions:

Would your MIL be comfortable on a sofa? Would not work for me, as one gets older they need comfortable sleeping arrangements.;)

When using a future cruise certificate to book a Haven Suite you can only use 1. You have to still put the full deposit down for each person. Deposits on Haven suites are $750pp. When I booked my last Haven Suite for 2people my deposit was $1500 minus the $250 FCC so I had to pay $1250.

Would your MIL be comfortable on a sofa? Would not work for me, as one gets older they need comfortable sleeping arrangements.;)

She's done the "made up bed" before and has always found it to be fine. She's just happy to be taken along for the ride and she's very easy going. She'd let me know if she was uncomfortable, believe me ;) Unfortunately with the solo premium we just can't justify getting her her own cabin when she can share with us. If she were uncomfortable we would obviously rectify it, as I alluded to she's pretty outspoken.

When using a future cruise certificate to book a Haven Suite you can only use 1. You have to still put the full deposit down for each person. Deposits on Haven suites are $750pp. When I booked my last Haven Suite for 2people my deposit was $1500 minus the $250 FCC so I had to pay $1250.

Thank you :)

Also, remember that by booking her in the suite with you, she also gets the suite perks. She wouldn't get them if she was booked into her own cabin (unless she booked a suite by herself).

That was our other consideration. She's independent but would prefer to do things as a family. We would like to be able to make use of the Haven perks and I think if we booked her solo we would use them far less so that we could things together.