Best area to stay in London after cruise.

karska

I yield to your superior knowledge! :) It always sounded like it ended with a "t" to me ... or perhaps since it's been a while since I heard the phrase I misremembered. Probably the latter.

Mura

Take a look at the Chesterfield Hotel on Charles Street in Mayfair. It is within walking distance of many sits in London. Th hotel itself is part of the history of the city. It is next to 37 Charles Street, another historic building.The Chesterfield is extremely comfortable. Great service, food, afternoon tea, free computers available downstairs with printing. Lots more, too. If you are interested in Asian Art, o great dealer is across the street. Shepherd Market is around the corner for some interesting dining venues.

Mary

I always stay at the Cavendish Hotel on Jermyn Street in mayfair. In between green Park and Picadilly tube stations and convenient to everything but on a quiet street with very upscale stores, many used by the Queen. Ten minutes from the theatre and close to Buckingham Palace walking through green Park.

Prices are reasonable especially if you can hit one of their specials. Wonderful views of the London Eye from upper floors and has an excellent restaurant that overlooks the side of Fortnum and Mason.

I always stay at the Cavendish Hotel on Jermyn Street in mayfair. In between green Park and Picadilly tube stations and convenient to everything but on a quiet street with very upscale stores, many used by the Queen. Ten minutes from the theatre and close to Buckingham Palace walking through green Park.

Prices are reasonable especially if you can hit one of their specials. Wonderful views of the London Eye from upper floors and has an excellent restaurant that overlooks the side of Fortnum and Mason.

The Cavindish WAS one of our favorite hotels until, after having stayed there for 6 weeks at a time for about five years, they tripled the price of our suite.

Now love our newer nicer suite at the Radisson Blu Hampshire where we have been for 6 years. Highly recommend it to all for the best staff possible.

Edited by orchestrapal

The Cavindish WAS one of our favorite hotels until, after having stayed there for 6 weeks at a time for about five years, they tripled the price of our suite.

Now love our newer nicer suite at the Radisson Blu Hampshire where we have been for 6 years. Highly recommend it to all for the best staff possible.

Yes their prices have really gone up over the past few years but the hotel is still a good deal if you can take advantage of one of their specials. I still like the quiet location, but close enough to Piccadilly so walking to the theatre is easy and fast.

I am not rich enough for a suite in London, esp.:D but then I am only one person and dont really need one! lol