Lost and Found Question - Daughter Heartbroken

Sedge Man

All,

We were on the Silhouette from January 5th through the 12th. When we got home, my teenage daughter realized that she didn't have her expensive Canon camera -- the one with MOST OF OUR VACATION PICTURES. :(

Suffice to say, she was slightly upset. We called customer service, and they said that it would take a while to figure out their lost and found inventory from the trip.

My question is this: Is there ANY CHANCE, that Celebrity may save the day and get her camera back? Thanks

All,

We were on the Silhouette from January 5th through the 12th. When we got home, my teenage daughter realized that she didn't have her expensive Canon camera -- the one with MOST OF OUR VACATION PICTURES. :(

Suffice to say, she was slightly upset. We called customer service, and they said that it would take a while to figure out their lost and found inventory from the trip.

My question is this: Is there ANY CHANCE, that Celebrity may save the day and get her camera back? Thanks

Hi Sedge Man,

While the odds are not favorable, we've seen many positive reports from members who have had items returned. I absolutely feel that Celebrity will try their best to locate reported lost items.

Wishing you all the best. If you hear anything, please let us know. Good Luck !

All,

I would put up some pleas on Facebook as well. A lot of people have gotten their camera's back from people posting on social media after they find a camera loaded with pictures......

All,

Is there any possibility that the camera was left anywhere else? Taxi? Plane? Airport? It might be worthwhile touching base with as many other possible locations as possible, just in case.

Good luck.

I once left our camera in the main dr on the last night of a cruise on HAL.

I called and reported it lost, thinking I would never see it again, and lo and behold, it came in the mail about 10 days later, with all our vacation pictures in tact. hopefully you will have the same results. Good luck.

Helaine

I left an iPad in a airplane seatback pocket. People told me to be patient, let the system work. 3 months later, they called and returned it. must have taken the folks in lost and found that long to get to the item.

So don't give up hope....maybe it's found this cruise and no time yet to log it in and cross reference reports....

good luck!

I left my camera in the storage in front of my seat on the way home from my honeymoon. 21 days, 17 cities, at least a thousand pics. We were upgraded to first class, and I enjoyed the flight home. Unfortunately, I forgot the camera. They found it after I was off the flight, and brought it to me at the desk where I was checking in for my next flight. I didn't know it was missing.

Don't give up hope.

This might not help you, but maybe others: Did you have any identification or contact info to help them find you?

I've seen lost cameras found by honest people only to remain lost because there was no way to find the owner.

I do two things with my cameras:

1) The first picture on each card is one of a computer screen, or piece of paper, showing "If lost call xxxxx at Mobile phone # (###) ###-####"

2) I put a nice looking label on it with my name and mobile phone number. Every few years a buy a nice sheet of good quality ID labels for $10 from this company: http://www.mavericklabel.com/products/id-my-stuff.html

Also put the same labels on anything expensive that might be lost and found like iPad, cell phone, binoculars, etc. This might not help at all if the item is found by a dishonest person, but it gives me a good chance if an item is found by an honest person.

Edited by Lsimon

I'm sorry you camera might be lost. That's why we upload our pics to our laptop every day. The camera can be replaced but the pics are gone forever. :(

After a friend lost his camera on a trip we also upload our pictures everyday to our IPad. Really easy. Also, like Lsimon, the first picture on each card is a piece of paper with our information. We also take pictures of each piece of luggage we are taking with us. Hope the OP get his daughter's camera back.

The OP posted with a genuine question. I too, would be upset at losing an expensive camera and the photos of the holiday. I do hope you manage to get your camera back.

Neverbeenthere,

New Years post from CC hosts,

Please remember that the hosts of CC reminded us all of the need to be supportive and basically act as if we were in the same room as the other people posting and remember our manners.

Thank you.

This might not help you, but maybe others: Did you have any identification or contact info to help them find you?

I've seen lost cameras found by honest people only to remain lost because there was no way to find the owner.

1) The first picture on each card is one of a computer screen, or piece of paper, showing "If lost call xxxxx at Mobile phone # (###) ###-####"

2) I put a nice looking label on it with my name and mobile phone number. Every few years a buy a nice sheet of good quality ID labels for $10 from this company: http://www.mavericklabel.com/products/id-my-stuff.html

Also put the same labels on anything expensive that might be lost and found like iPad, cell phone, binoculars, etc. This might not help at all if the item is found by a dishonest person, but it gives me a good chance if an item is found by an honest person.

Good idea.

Hope OP gets her camera back.

These are excellent ideas, ones I haven't done in the past but will add to list of precautions, thanks.

My wife has a packing list that is so complete that I am surprised she doesn't have the number of hairs on my head on it (there aren't that many). We use it not only to pack for the trip out but also the trip home. It's not a perfect system but it helps. Everything is labeled. I have faith in people and, if it can be identified, I am sure the camera will be returned. Best of luck.

Good luck with return. I'm betting you will get it back. (Especially if it was left on the ship...odds go way down if lost between ship and home)

Twice, I left things on the ship. (I know, I know) I did not get anything returned even though both times I contacted the cruise line and the ship directly within two hours of vacating the cabin. It seems that whatever is left onboard is considered fair game.

Sorry.

Edited by wbrumel

I hope you find it. I know that some soft goods, like stuffed animals and the like are not saved due to health reasons. Things like cameras are usually sent to headquarters. I wish you luck. I would also be upset at losing not only the camera, but trip photos and memories.

Twice, I left things on the ship. (I know, I know) I did not get anything returned even though both times I contacted the cruise line and the ship directly within two hours of vacating the cabin. It seems that whatever is left onboard is considered fair game.

Sorry.

Ditto!

Left an expensive handbag under the bed...called as soon as we left the ship...no help at all and no bag returned.

I left a pair of casual shoes under the bed. Called within a few hours, and the the next morning. Nothing. I do think the crew considers it a perk. And this was shoes!

Accusing the staff of stealing your shoes is unwarranted.