Midnight buffet, worth it?

I think it depends on your definition of worth it :D

On the Enchantment, they let people walk through at 11:30 to take pictures (withouth eating). It was an interesting sight, fantastic ice carvings, lots of sculpted food. The food I noticed was lots of cold cuts, lots of shrimp, lots of little canape type things. The desserts were also impressive looking, much more of a "pastry" presentation than the regular dining room desserts.

The actual serving line at Midnight....yikes!!!!! Hubby & I looked at that, decided we were still full from dinner (late seating) and went to the Schooner Lounge. At 1pm we staggered....I mean leasurly strolled, back to our cabin which happened to be on the same floor as the dining room and guess what...the buffet line was *still* out the door of the dining room.

So my vote is, if staying up that late is going to interfere with your plans, no, it's not worth it. If the next morning is a sea day and you enjoy staying up late & standing in line...go for it :)

Holly

The actual serving line at Midnight....yikes!!!!! Hubby & I looked at that, decided we were still full from dinner (late seating) and went to the Schooner Lounge. At 1pm we staggered....I mean leasurly strolled, back to our cabin which happened to be on the same floor as the dining room and guess what...the buffet line was *still* out the door of the dining room.

Wow, 13 hours later and there was still a long line!

I only stayed up for one midnight buffet. After waiting in line for 45 minutes and then literally being shoved down some stairs by another guest anxious to take pictures, I haven't been to another. I can only imagine how violent it gets when they start feeding people! :eek:

We had 2 buffets on our Eastern C.- one by the pool (on Caribbean Night) and the Gala in the main dining room.

We had late seating at dinner so we didn't need to each but it was fun to go and see all the carving (ice, butter, chocolate fruit).

At the gala buffet we enjoyed the shrimp and chocolate covered strawberries.

I would say, go at the 11:30 viewing time at least- it really is quite spectacular.

Or hunt down some pics on webshots and get an early night:D

Cheers,

I only stayed up for one midnight buffet. After waiting in line for 45 minutes and then literally being shoved down some stairs by another guest anxious to take pictures, I haven't been to another. I can only imagine how violent it gets when they start feeding people! :eek:

LOL But that's how I felt too -- way too crowded, lots of people pushing to see. Food I tasted was good -- mostly cheese and chocolate, but not worth the effort. We skipped it on our last cruise.

I would skip it. We went because it was our first cruise. We were really tired, and the line for the viewing was SOOoo long!! People were really rude -pushing and shoving and standing in the way talking and holding up the viewing line. The sculptures were nice, yes, but the atmosphere was so horrible we left before you were allowed to eat anything. I can't even imagine how bad the stampede would be when they actually allowed you to eat things. Ugh. I would definately pass next time and get my sleep.

Archived