Bringing soda in my carry on

aobrien16

• 1 month later...
I have heard tails of people bringing a case of soda on RC ships. I know they now allow wine, has any had any experience with bringing on soda? We are leaving out of Baltimore.

I have carried two twelve packs on my last three cruises from Baltimore.

It technically isn't allowed, however many people report sticking a luggage tag on the case and it gets delivered to their room right along with their luggage.

Porters in Baltimore will not permit that. They make you carry it on. Usually fine except spring break.

Yeah. Its against the rules of your cruise contract.

I don't see any mention of prohibited articles on the contract itself. One of the informational sheets that comes with ream of papers accompanying the contract does mention alcoholic and "non-alcoholic" beverages. However, In Ft. Lauderdale, our adult children filled a rolling cooler with soda in cans and checked it at the curb - no issues. We did the same with a non-rolling lunch-type cooler. There wouldn't have been any issues, except that we'd neglected to search all the pockets on the cooler, and inadvertently left a small serrated knife in one of them - a knife we used to cut rolls for sandwiches on the car trip from NY to FL. LOL Got called to the naughty room, had a good laugh, got a voucher for claiming our "knife" at the end of the cruise, and got our sodas...no problem. :o

"Live" from the Oasis of the Seas.

P.S. - Don't think we'll be going to collect our knife on Saturday morning!

Edited by TequilaToo
Added port city

I have heard tails of people bringing a case of soda on RC ships. I know they now allow wine, has any had any experience with bringing on soda? We are leaving out of Baltimore.

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?

A: Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests may bring personal wine and champagne onboard only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. When consumed in any public area, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

Yeah. Its against the rules of your cruise contract.

…and hardly, if ever, enforced. We have brought soda on every cruise, some in my carry-on, some in my checked luggage. On our last cruise my checked bag made in to the room fine, and security pulled me to the side and checked all my soda bottles in my carry on to make sure they were sealed.

In Royal's FAQ section for the question "Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages from home?" while the answer is no, it also states that Security may inspect water bottles and soda bottles and dispose those that contain liquor. I found this to be true. They checked, then told me to have a great time.