Sharps container

rjack22

I searched but couldn't find an answer. Since my last cruise I am now using a insulin pen. My question pertains to sharps containers. Does the ship provide one in my cabin upon request for my used needles or do I need to bring my own?

I searched but couldn't find an answer. Since my last cruise I am now using a insulin pen. My question pertains to sharps containers. Does the ship provide one in my cabin upon request for my used needles or do I need to bring my own?

Ask your steward. They're provide one.

Forgot to mention that you can add it to your cruise personalizer under the "other" category.

We just did 27 days onboard and my wife used an empty plastic water bottle for all of her used needles from her pens. These needles are so much smaller than the old syringes. We just took the water bottle home with us so no one on the ship had to deal with it at all. Since there is no needle on the pen itself the empty disposable pens are okay in the garbage can.

Terry

I have always just asked for one when on board but having seen you can ask for one in advance through cruise personalizer I thought I would do that. I can't find the "other" referred to above - can someone say where it is.

Thanks

Edited by dbeckett
added text

I use an insulin pump and a CGM device and have not had a problem with getting a sharps container. I always put my test strips,sharps and any catheters that have any body fluids in that container. I assume that any thing that goes below my skin to be a potential risk to others even if its not a needle.

I have always just asked for one when on board but having seen you can ask for one in advance through cruise personalizer I thought I would do that. I can't find the "other" referred to above - can someone say where it is.

Thanks

I also tried requesting through the personalizer but couldn't find any "other" category except in the dietary section so I checked "other" and specified "Sharps container". Hope that does it.

While the question has been answered, I'll throw my 2 cents in.

I've always asked Stewart, and of course if he's not there, the steward ;) for a sharps container when we first meet him. Have always gotten one within minutes (even after we tell him there's no rush).

Enjoy your cruise.

I usually take them to the medical centre, as this is where my pens are stored. They dispose of them for me.

I don't have insulin pens, and only require 1 per week.

This may be helpful info for anyone who doesn't need daily injections.

While the question has been answered, I'll throw my 2 cents in.

I've always asked Stewart, and of course if he's not there, the steward ;) for a sharps container when we first meet him. Have always gotten one within minutes (even after we tell him there's no rush).

Enjoy your cruise.

Ditto

From Princess Cruise Personalizer

If you will be using sharps of any kind, including needles, lancets, or blades, for your safety and the safety of others you must utilize a sharps container. To dispose of sharps while on board, request a sharps container from your stateroom steward.