Where does Jewel dock in Cozumel?

Bobug

Having been to Cozumel at least 5 times on Princess & Carnival we have always docked & never had to tender but I keep reading things about tendering into Cozumel on the Jewel? I hope not but will adjust. We leave 2 weeks from tomorrow.

Thank you!!

Hi Bobug, we're on the same cruise and somewhere on the boards there was a link to a website that listed what ships will be docked where. We will be at the downtown dock--can't remember the name of it right now. I was really happy about that. The less exciting thing is that there will be five other ships there that day so lots of cruisers on shore.

In October the Jewel docked at the one where the two level shopping center is right where you get off the pier/dock. I don't know if it switches between the two piers...one time the NCl we were on went to the other pier that had a small shopping center (open type) right off the pier.

This site lists all of 2014. Of course, the further you go into the future the less certain things are :D

http://www.cruiseportinsider.com/cozumelschedule2014.html#.Uts8MGTna2w

I know that when there is two NCL ships in port they often take turns which one has to tender. We will be on the Jewel in Cozumel on the 25th of March with the Pearl and have no ides, they show three ships at Punta Langosta. Does anyone know if there is a way to find out if we are the unlucky ship that has to tender because with three there that pier only holds two so someone is tendering :confused:

This site lists all of 2014. Of course, the further you go into the future the less certain things are :D

http://www.cruiseportinsider.com/cozumelschedule2014.html#.Uts8MGTna2w

As many times as I have been to Cozumel I don't know the names of the piers...LOL...this link says Punta Langosta. Is that the same one that Carnival docks at most of the time? I am thinking we always docked where the pier is a very long walk. I know I am confusing...I confuse myself...LOL

Hi Bobug, we're on the same cruise and somewhere on the boards there was a link to a website that listed what ships will be docked where. We will be at the downtown dock--can't remember the name of it right now. I was really happy about that. The less exciting thing is that there will be five other ships there that day so lots of cruisers on shore.

So we are not tendering right? I am not sure the dock you are talking about is the one I am used to or not. I do know it was a very nice area with lots of shops & all the bars.

I am excited about the cruise...first time on NCL :)

That list shows the Jewel docking at Punta Langosta I believe every week. However, keep in mind that is not a promise. It can change last minute. Punta Langosta is the dock that is what is considered downtown. The ferry pier is a few hundred yards next to it. The International pier, where you frequently see a bunch of Carnival and other ships is about 3 miles the other direction from the ferry pier. Punta Langosta is the most convenient.

On our 12/29/13 Jewel cruise, we did not dock at the normal NCL dock. We were supposed to tender, but then it was announced that we would dock at Puerto Maya. This is a newer pier, further out of town, built by Carnival.

I would love to dock there, one of my favorite restaurants is there called Panchos but then they also have a location downtown. But the one at Puerto Maya is very nice with a great view of the ships and the Iguanas come to visit while you eat :D

NCL primarily uses the downtown Punta Langosta pier. There's room for 2 ships there. Disney also uses this pier (or used to). Further south a few miles is the International Terminal, which is used by RCL, Princess & Carnival for the most part. It will hold at least 4 ships on two large piers. I've never seen a ship tendered at Cozumel, but I've only been there a few times. However, each time there have been more than a few ships.

Here's the Epic at Punta Langosta

1396-vi.jpg

1354-vi.jpg

1394-vi.jpg

This is the Oasis and the Splendor at one of the two International piers. This is zoomed in. They're a few miles away

1434-vi.jpg

The last two times I have been to Cozumel there was always one ship that had to tender. The last time for me was November 2012. I was on the Dawn and both the Star and the Pearl were there that day. We were in Punta Langosta, and Pearl was at International. There was an older Carnival Ship that was tendering to Punta Langosta. We had went to lunch down at Puerta Maya and there were 2 Carnival ships docked there as well. It was one very busy day in Cozumel. We felt like we were in the middle of Christmas Rush :eek: I think there were 4 Carnival ships there that day, then the three NCL and I think there was an RCI ship or two.

Edited by LAFFNVEGAS

Is the downtown Punta Langosta pier the better place to dock? I'm just walking around site seeing.

Does all the tendering go to Punta Langosta pier?

Yes. Punta Langosta is the downtown pier/dock. You leave the dock area and are immediately there. If you tender, the tender unloads at the ferry pier which is next to the Punta Langosta main docks. So again, you are right downtown.

Yes. Punta Langosta is the downtown pier/dock. You leave the dock area and are immediately there. If you tender, the tender unloads at the ferry pier which is next to the Punta Langosta main docks. So again, you are right downtown.

Thank You,

We will be there April, 2014

NCL primarily uses the downtown Punta Langosta pier. There's room for 2 ships there. Disney also uses this pier (or used to). Further south a few miles is the International Terminal, which is used by RCL, Princess & Carnival for the most part. It will hold at least 4 ships on two large piers. I've never seen a ship tendered at Cozumel, but I've only been there a few times. However, each time there have been more than a few ships.

Here's the Epic at Punta Langosta

1396-vi.jpg

1354-vi.jpg

1394-vi.jpg

This is the Oasis and the Splendor at one of the two International piers. This is zoomed in. They're a few miles away

1434-vi.jpg

Thank you..thank you!!! I am a visual type of person...LOL...so this helps a lot. This is not the place we are used to docking at so it helps me to know what to expect.