Royal Caribbean Visa Question

I am very close to earning 50,000 points on my RCI Visa. I would like to use the points for a four night Bahamas cruise. Has anyone done this before? Are there blackout dates or can I book any four night Bahamas cruise I want? The website says the value my not exceed $1000.00; if my cruise costs more can I just pay the difference?

I am very close to earning 50,000 points on my RCI Visa. I would like to use the points for a four night Bahamas cruise. Has anyone done this before? Are there blackout dates or can I book any four night Bahamas cruise I want? The website says the value my not exceed $1000.00; if my cruise costs more can I just pay the difference?

No blackout dates. You can book any 3 or 4 night Bahamas cruise. You can also book any kind of stateroom, OV or better. You will be given a credit in the amount of the least expensive OV stateroom available at the time you redeem the points, up to a max of $1000.

Edited by clarea

Agree with everything clarea said. I just did a 4 night on Liberty with points. Easy booking etc. the one caution I have is if you are looking to upgrade after the initial booking, it can get tricky and pricey. I am now thinking that instead of using points to book a free cruise, i may just go full on OBC instead. I missed out on a GS for $100 above the original booking price.

BUT, if you could care less about upgrading, the points are the way to go. Have fun in the Bahamas!!

They cannot be used for Christmas or New Years

CRUISE VACATIONS

Cruise Rewards are not valid on Christmas Sailings and New Year Sailings. Cruise Reward Redemptions may not be combined with Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises or Azamara Companion Fare Rewards, Cruise Rewards, Upgrade Rewards, Cruise Discount Rewards, other promotional offers and/or other Crown and Anchor Society, Captain’s Club or Le Club Voyage promotions and benefits. Cruise Fares are also not combinable with restricted pricing including, but not limited to, RSale, CSale, Residential rates, senior rates, and military rates. The guest or travel agent may call Royal Caribbean International for details regarding combinability with Price Programs. Cruise Rewards are valid only for oceanview, Boardwalk® view or Central Park® view staterooms. Fares are not applicable on new ships during their first 13 months in operation, also known as, their ‘Inaugural Season".

Agree with everything clarea said. I just did a 4 night on Liberty with points. Easy booking etc. the one caution I have is if you are looking to upgrade after the initial booking, it can get tricky and pricey. I am now thinking that instead of using points to book a free cruise, i may just go full on OBC instead. I missed out on a GS for $100 above the original booking price.

BUT, if you could care less about upgrading, the points are the way to go. Have fun in the Bahamas!!

I agree totally. You have to be a person who books and never looks at pricing again:p

We were able to upgrade to a junior suite from our ocean view that we booked with our points. It took about an hour on the phone but they were able to pull up what I originally paid for the cruise and apply that price towards the junior suite. I think we wound up paying around $100 for the JS. Just be persistent and patient. I think the free 3 or 4 night cruises are the best value for using the points.

Or better yet, just go with a more versatile rewards card that can give you miles, hotel points, or cash back. You can just take the cash and apply it to a cruise. I can take 50,000 miles or hotel points and get way more than $1000 in value. Many cards also have more than 1 point per dollar.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were able to upgrade to a junior suite from our ocean view that we booked with our points. It took about an hour on the phone but they were able to pull up what I originally paid for the cruise and apply that price towards the junior suite. I think we wound up paying around $100 for the JS. Just be persistent and patient. I think the free 3 or 4 night cruises are the best value for using the points.

Go dawgs BTW.

I did the hour long call but did not get the result. Some kind of excuse since there was a promotional rate blah blah. should have been more demanding. But in the end, I think I will go OBC.

Thanks for the feedback. Glad to know you were able to upgrade !!!

Or better yet, just go with a more versatile rewards card that can give you miles, hotel points, or cash back. You can just take the cash and apply it to a cruise. I can take 50,000 miles or hotel points and get way more than $1000 in value. Many cards also have more than 1 point per dollar.

Great, now I have to go shop for another card LOL.. Great point ;)

Great, now I have to go shop for another card LOL.. Great point ;)

Lol. Depending on what you need, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is great. The annual fee is waived the first year. If you are just using it for cash back, then the Capital One can be good. Both have no foreign transaction fees, which is great!