OBC with RCCL Visa points question....

novalab

I would like to cash in some of my RCCL Visa points for OBC for my April Allure cruise. If I do this online (have always done this over the phone before), how long does it take to get the certificates? Do they even give/send you certificates anymore? Or, do they just send you an e-mail confirmation?

Thanks for any info, help, or advice! Very much appreciated!

I would like to cash in some of my RCCL Visa points for OBC for my April Allure cruise. If I do this online (have always done this over the phone before), how long does it take to get the certificates? Do they even give/send you certificates anymore? Or, do they just send you an e-mail confirmation?

Thanks for any info, help, or advice! Very much appreciated!

No more certificates. So much easier now. You'll receive an email confirmation. It might be a good idea to ask for a copy of your invoice a couple of weeks before your cruise to make sure that it's been applied to your account. This will give you enough time to straighten it out if there's a problem. I've never had an issue with it.

I also call and request Guest Copy of my booking confirmation. This is a PDF document with all your discounts and OBCs.

Bob is (as usual) spot-on! Also, be sure to take these documents with you - just in case. On a recent cruise our OBC's did not show up 3 days into the cruise. I took the documents to Guest Relations and the correction was made and OBC applied.

Thanks so much everyone for all your help! This does sound much less complicated than the 'old' way of calling up to request the certificates then sending them off to another address for redemption. I would like to wait till mid March to request them. Hopefully, that will be enough time? Our cruise departs on April 27. Will have copies of the transaction with me...just in case:rolleyes:

Thanks Again!!!

Thanks so much everyone for all your help! This does sound much less complicated than the 'old' way of calling up to request the certificates then sending them off to another address for redemption. I would like to wait till mid March to request them. Hopefully, that will be enough time? Our cruise departs on April 27. Will have copies of the transaction with me...just in case:rolleyes:

Thanks Again!!!

That should be more than enough time.

• 5 months later...

Anyone have any idea what would be the minimum time we should allow to turn in points for OBC? Seems to me that points don't become 'officially' yours until the end of the billing cycle. We will only have a few days between the billing cycle date and our cruise departure date....just trying to earn as much OBC as we can. :)

Anyone have any idea what would be the minimum time we should allow to turn in points for OBC? Seems to me that points don't become 'officially' yours until the end of the billing cycle. We will only have a few days between the billing cycle date and our cruise departure date....just trying to earn as much OBC as we can. :)

If you plan to redeem points very close to the cruise date, I would do it by phone to be sure they can get posted in time: 888-305-4626.

Edited by clarea

My recent experience on our b2b on Rhapsody. I cashed in points for OBC for both cruises and printed off my copies. Of course, I forgot to include these copies with my other documents when I left home. :o This was a first for me. The first cruise, OBC showed up with no problem. Second cruise, it did not show up. :eek:

Instead of going to GS, because I did not have our paperwork, I went down to the Loyalty Ambassador and she was able to look up our booking and found that the Visa Points had been applied to our booking. She emailed C&A and the amount appeared a day later.:)

The absolute latest, without exception, that you can redeem points is 7 days prior to sailing. It is recommended to do it earlier of course with at least 14 days prior being ideal. But I was told when we called that requests made 7 days prior to sailing will be accommodated. If you call 6 days prior to sailing however, you are out of luck.

"Q: How do I redeem my MyCruiseSM Points for a future sailing?

A: Go to RoyalCaribbean.com/MyCruiseRewardsOnline.

If you are redeeming within 7 days of your sailing date, please contact Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises or Azamara Club Cruises to alert them of your redemption, so it is applied in a timely manner."

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=5663&faqSubjectId=513&faqSubjectName=Royal+Caribbean+Visa+Signature%26reg%3B+Card&faqType=faq