chef's Table Menu Changing?

E&HTT

I'll be on the Pride in the middle of February and wondering if there might be a new Chef's Table Menu by then.

I thought I read that if was expected to change some time in January.

Has anyone heard of or seen a new Chef's Table Menu?

The menus on the 3 ships is NOT Chef's Table, but the MDR table. Thats the new American Feast and American Table concepts.

The Chef's Table needs to get a revamp though.

I wont do it again until it changes. It was wonderful, but not enough to spend 75.00 for the same exact meal again.

The new menu for the chef's table was rumored to be released in January as well but nothing so far. I'm hoping as well...the current menu was good - but not something that I want to do again. (The previous menu...yeah, I wouldn't have minded another chance to experience those selections!) :p

The new menu for the chef's table was rumored to be released in January as well but nothing so far. I'm hoping as well...the current menu was good - but not something that I want to do again. (The previous menu...yeah, I wouldn't have minded another chance to experience those selections!) :p

We too MUCH preferred the original menu. That roasted poblano soup was definitely worth doing again! ;) :D

We too MUCH preferred the original menu. That roasted poblano soup was definitely worth doing again! ;) :D

I agree on the original menu. On the second menu, you have a wonderful meal and then for dessert....."Chef in a candy store"?????:eek: So not a way to end the meal....:(

Edited by CrimsonQueen

The menus on the 3 ships is NOT Chef's Table, but the MDR table. Thats the new American Feast and American Table concepts.

The Chef's Table needs to get a revamp though.

I wont do it again until it changes. It was wonderful, but not enough to spend 75.00 for the same exact meal again.

Good catch, my bad. Sorry op. Multi posting is not a strength for me.

I'm realizing you probably can't read it:

RECEPTION

Parmesan Core & Olive

Chorizo & Dates, Piquillo Sofrito

Focaccia, Mascarpone Cream & Prosciutto Crudo

Langoustine & Sundried Tomato Jam Fritters

MENU

Tomatoes Our Way!:

Aerated tomato juice, cocoa butter coated, Chardonnay poached

Tuna Banh Mi:

Lemon bread, sesame crisp, miso cream, avocado gel

Cornish Hen:

Caramelized, butternut squash, sofrito

Bavarois:

Spinach, green peas, warm turnip, apple juice

Salmon:

Herb pesto, cured tomatoes, carrots, favs, mushroom earth, condensed beets

Wagyu:

Slow stewed short ribs, potato pebbles, pumpkin fudge, tomato dust

Chocolate "88F":

Aerated pistachio and mango cake with mascarpone cream, guava and caramel praline

Sent from my iPad

While everything was very tasty, we remember enjoying the Chef's Table on the Pride just a bit more a few years ago. We remember the food being a bit more avant garde and cutting edge.

Sent from my iPad

Yep.....that first menu with the Chilean Sea bass and Filet can not hold a candle to the Cornish Game Hen and Short Ribs - IMHO! :o

Not to mention NO Warm Chocolate Melting Cake - it was fun to "make it" in the galley at the beginning of the meal and then get to enjoy it with our dessert. ;)

• 2 months later...
I agree on the original menu. On the second menu, you have a wonderful meal and then for dessert....."Chef in a candy store"?????:eek: So not a way to end the meal....:(

When I did the Chef's table last October that particular delight was absent - they replaced it with a chocolate something that was very good. I was absolutely underwhelmed by the "chef in a candy store" dessert, it was sad after they worked on it for 2 hours!

We just retirned from the Valor and enjoyed the Chefs table. We have done many of them on this and other cruise lines. My opinion was that prior to the cruise the new menu did not really impress me very much. As a restaurant owner, the description of the menu was not that impressive. We found that upon being served the food it was very different.

The appetizer couse served in the kitchen was not impressive. Very complicated but very small bites that did not really show the flavors they were trying to express. Compared to the show that Princess does in the kitchen during their Chef Table, Carnival slips at this stage of the meal.

But in the sit down portion of the meal we were all very surprised at how well the rest of the meal tasted and was prepared. The chef and his staff are there through the entire meal, and created very enjoyable items that are not nearly described by the menu that is provided. While not a big overwhelming volume of food (compared to the 8th course on Princess which includes 3 different filets (pork, beef and veal), lobster, veg, and potatoes that comes prior to the dessert course that you can't even begin to enjoy after all that food) we felt they were very flavorfull, and enjoyed them as well as any chef table we have done.

The dessert was really cute and flavorfull and by that time in the meal we were pleasantly exhausted by the food. Flavors were good, amount of food was good, attention to detail on the plates was amazing and we and all of our table mates felt it was much better than the menu would have let you believe.

The chef explains how he prepares each dish as it is served, talkes about how the kitchen operates and how the staff operates to cover all the meals, you get a fairly good tour of the kitchen, wine and champagne are included as is a group picture with the chef and a fun visit from the magician.

Best dishes: wagu beef, tuna, dessert

Worst dishes: appetizers in kitchen

Service: Great attention to detail, very well orchastrated,

We would do it again! And would say to not judge your interest from the menu beforehand, as it is not really very representative of the actual food you get.

Edited by Nick55

Also one last comment. I understand the comments about missing the chocolate melting cake, especially since it is one of the activities performed in the kitchen during the chef table tour. They explained to us that they show it in the kitchen to provide the recipie and how to make it for the guests as it is so popular. That way the chef table gueasts can make it at home if they want.

They took it out of the chef menu, because you can have it EVERY night in the dining room. They wanted the chef table to be a different experience. The change came from previous guest comments about the chefs table. People love the cake but were looking for something different.

Imho we thought this new dessert was a great end to the meal.