Pool Towels ? $25 if not returned ?

alwayslisad

Hiya All

I was reading posts this morning (since it is a nice snowy day and the Pat's game is not on till 3pm) and I came across a few about cruisers mentioning a charge if you do not return your pool towel ? Some even mentioned that they bring towels from home. Can someone shed some light on this....

:confused:

The past practice was that You were provided pool towels in your cabin. At the end of the week you must return the towels provided by leaving them in the room for your cabin steward to collect and launder. If you fail to return them you are charged for them. You can also exchange them at the pool deck for clean towels through the cruise. Did you hear something else?

Hiya All

I was reading posts this morning (since it is a nice snowy day and the Pat's game is not on till 3pm) and I came across a few about cruisers mentioning a charge if you do not return your pool towel ? Some even mentioned that they bring towels from home. Can someone shed some light on this....

:confused:

Yes, there are pool towels in the room when you board and they have to be in the room when you disembark or you will be charged for them. Not to worry though, there are plenty on the loungers up on the pool deck:D.

The past practice was that You were provided pool towels in your cabin. At the end of the week you must return the towels provided by leaving them in the room for your cabin steward to collect and launder. If you fail to return them you are charged for them. You can also exchange them at the pool deck for clean towels through the cruise. Did you hear something else?

Spot on! The cruise lines have to do something so the towels aren't taken off the ship and left in port or taken home.. It's not hard to keep up with the towels IMO

Hello and thank you for replying. I had not heard anything about this practice until reading posts on "TIPS" for your cruise. I have never heard of a cruise ship charging for towels and was quite concerned with how NCL does.

As I have never cruised NCL I wanted to be sure that I understood the policy.

So if a room has 4 pool towels at the beginning of the cruise - they basically have to have 4 at the end ? and can you ask for more towels?

Hello and thank you for replying. I had not heard anything about this practice until reading posts on "TIPS" for your cruise. I have never heard of a cruise ship charging for towels and was quite concerned with how NCL does.

So if a room has 4 pool towels at the beginning of the cruise - they basically have to have 4 at the end ? and can you ask for more towels?

There should be a towel for every registered passenger. You may check out towels on the pool deck by providing your sail and sign card or by giving them a towel to exchange. It was my understanding that CCL had the same policy when we were on the Pride.

Dont spend another second worrying about it .. They do have it printed on something in the stateroom . But what you are not going to find is anyone that has ever been charged for a missing towel.. Again dont sweat it . Because if they did charge for a missing towel . NCL would be making around $10,000 a day in lost towel charges just from the pool area alone..

P.S. Not suggesting you dont make an effort to keep track of your towel ;)

There should be a towel for every registered passenger. You may check out towels on the pool deck by providing your sail and sign card or by giving them a towel to exchange. It was my understanding that CCL had the same policy when we were on the Pride.

That's completely the way I understand it as well :).

And while on the subject of onboard cruise ship towels . . .

For those doing an excursion to Atlantis (Nassau) with a beach component, please be advised that Atlantis, somewhat recently, no longer allows ship-logo towels to be displayed on property. Their excursions include a rental Atlantis-branded beach towel as part of the excursion, and they apparently only want those to be seen.

That guideline caught me by surprise late last year, as I'd never heard of it.

A few cruise lines now inform their passengers of that in advance so they don't feel a need to schlep their cruise towel there for no reason.

For those doing an excursion to Atlantis (Nassau) with a beach component, please be advised that Atlantis, somewhat recently, no longer allows ship-logo towels to be displayed on property. Their excursions include a rental Atlantis-branded beach towel as part of the excursion, and they apparently only want those to be seen.

A few cruise lines now inform their passengers of that in advance so they don't feel a need to schlep their cruise towel there for no reason.

Hi Don!

Was Atlantis worth the money? We have been to Nassau several times and returning on the Getaway. Debating whether to just stay on the ship and enjoy the waterpark on board or try something else...

Karen

:D Thank you all so very VERY much - it is so much clearer now :) :)

Phew I was thinking about trying to pack TOWELS to cruise now...LOL

You might want to pack them, anyway. We did and used them whenever we got off the ship, especially if we were going to a beach. That way, if my towel ended up separated from me, I would only lose whatever I spent for the towel from home instead of being charged $25 by the cruise line.

We noticed when we were there on an excursion from the Sky that the NCL towels looked just like the ones Atlantis was handing out.

When your towels are all wet, you can exchange them by the pool. I walked over there with 4 soaking wet towels because it rained and they asked me how many I needed. I told them 4 and they said throw those in the bin. They never counted them to make sure I gave them 4 back. Of course, I agree you should keep track of your towels but there doesn't seem to be strict controls on this.

Wow that does seem a bit extreme . But its their sand box . ;)

You might want to pack them, anyway. We did and used them whenever we got off the ship, especially if we were going to a beach. That way, if my towel ended up separated from me, I would only lose whatever I spent for the towel from home instead of being charged $25 by the cruise line.

good idea.

We used to pack a couple of old beach towels for the kids when they were young. As they tended to check out a towel and then forget about it. Generally there would be a bunch abandoned at the pool at the end of the day and I would check it back in for them. Now the kids didn't even have their accounts activated, so I am not sure how we would be changed anyway. Bringing an old towel and then tossing it at the end of the cruise seemed to work for us. BTW we never were charged for non-returned towels.