Captain's club question? One sailing w my dad back in 2001

whataboutport

Does that count towards my capt's club? We (bf and I) are going to book an X cruise soon, which would be my first that I've booked under my name on X, but I have sailed Celebrity before, when my dad paid, but I was already over 21 at the time. Would they keep records from that far back? Or should I just start a new one for myself?

Are there even any benefits worth it at that low a level? I know for RCI I got a priority check in line and a coupon book.

Edited by whataboutport

Do you have a number? If not do you have proof you cruised. We cruised twenty years ago on Celebrity. Still had our room cards in our photo album. Celebrity then counted the cruise when we sent them that proof. We had been cruising Princess and NCL but wanted to try Celebrity again.

If you call Celebrity, they can look up your past cruise based on the information you give them. Give them your Dad's name and CC number, as well. Have your past cruise date ready. At that time, you will be assigned a Captains Club number.

The perks for a low level are not nearly as good as being at the higher levels, but every little bit helps. :D

Edited by Iamthesea

This was before Royal Caribbean took over so you may need proof. We had 3 sailings on the good old Celebrity and they had no record of them. We were charter members of the Captain's Club back when they charged a $25 fee. We found old credit card statements and my wife had the receipt from the infirmary and some bar receipts. They gave us credit for all. The catch may be that, if you did not sign up back then, you may not get credit. They had our CC number but not the cruises we took.

We sailed on celebrity back in 1999! For some reason, I still had a record of my DH's captain's club number - must have signed up at that time. We have not cruised Celebrity since that time, but I gave my TA the information and we are signed up as members.

The advantage to us for this upcoming cruise is that we were able to take advantage of the one catagory upgrade that is a benefit in the new Captain's club.

I will have to ask my dad about his CC number. He isn't really loyal to just one line, he's cruised them all pretty much. I wonder if he even signed up for any loyalty programs.

For sure we have lots of pics from then, but the key card probably not. I don't even remember the ship name, but I know the month/year/itin.

If you call Celebrity, they can look up your past cruise based on the information you give them. Give them your Dad's name and CC number, as well. Have your past cruise date ready. At that time, you will be assigned a Captains Club number.

The perks for a low level are not nearly as good as being at the higher levels, but every little bit helps. :D

Can you elaborate on the perks? Priority check in line and coupon book like RCI? that's good enough for me! :D

Can you elaborate on the perks? Priority check in line and coupon book like RCI? that's good enough for me! :D

Are you a Crown & Anchor member on RCCL? If you are Platinum or above you can have reciprocity with Celebrity's Captains Club.

Yeah I'm still a lowly Gold on RCI.

It's not that big a deal. I was just asking out of curiosity. Esp since X is giving the 123GO promo right now, the big kicker for me is the free bev package. That will save us quite a bit, so a few coupons here and there not really a biggie if I miss out.