Thermal Suites on Volendam

kjeanne2001

I hope to book this package in May on the Volendam. Does anyone know the hours they are open? I understand there are only so many passes sold. I really want to wait to buy once on board because from what I have read on these boards the price is better but do not want to miss out. Do they have a tendency to sell out prior to embarkation? Thanks

Hi- we are thermal suite junkies. You'll be fine waiting till you board. We just get on early and it's the fist place we go and secure our spot.

Enjoy

INTERESTING -

WE ENJOYED THESE FACILITIES ON THE LARGER OOSTERDAM HOWEVER

WITH NO POOL IN THE THERMAL AREA ON THE SMALLER VOLENDAM HAVE RESERVATIONS AND WOULD APPRECIATE COMMENTS. :confused:

There is no t-pool on the non vista ships. It's basically a jacuzzi in the same room as the tile loungers. We know this going in but love laying on the tile loungers and looking out the floor to ceiling windows at the sea.

While it is the same size as a jacuzzi/hot tub, the water is not as hot nor does it have powerful jets like a normal jacuzzi. Its more of a relaxing, soaking tub. As already stated, it is nothing like the t-pools on the larger ships. Perhaps that is why the weekly pass prices are lower (we have found).

DaveOKC

While it is the same size as a jacuzzi/hot tub, the water is not as hot nor does it have powerful jets like a normal jacuzzi. Its more of a relaxing, soaking tub.

Then that may vary from ship to ship.

I considered signing up on an R-ship once, but thought to test the water temperature first; it was as hot as a hot tub. I much prefer the T-pool as it's closer to body temperature. So, no sale that cruise. :(

Then that may vary from ship to ship.

I considered signing up on an R-ship once, but thought to test the water temperature first; it was as hot as a hot tub. I much prefer the T-pool as it's closer to body temperature. So, no sale that cruise. :(

I have to admit that the tub is a bit hot, just not as hot as I am used to seeing most "hot tubs". To me, if you can last more than 20 minutes in a hot tub, it is not HOT!

DaveOKC

Try to be in the thermal spa the morning you are cruising Into Glacier Bay. I was alone, and had the most special view of the sun gleaming on the mountains . I an sorry I didn't have my camera , but the memory will forever be one of my favourite moments in this spa.

Marilyn