Hotel Recommendations?

LissyTx

Stayed in Renaissance Cruise Port Hotel, 17th St last two years sailing from FLL. Walking Distance to Shops Restaurants, Water Taxi Stop. Nice Hotel. Good reviews

Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach is also a great hotel if you want to be near the beach but can be pricey

I stayed here this past summer: http://ftlauderdaleconventioncenter.place.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Nothing fancy but I very much enjoyed my stay. This was my first experience with a Hyatt Place. It was very positive.

Why I picked it:

Smoke free hotel (The Embassy Suites was much more expensive and not smoke free)

Hotel shuttle and internet included in the price of the hotel.

*Although not advertised when I booked, they have a "free shuttle" between 7am and 11am within a 5 mile radius

Walking distance to Total Wine and Publix

No free shuttle to the cruise port but they do contract out with a shuttle service. Just ask the front desk.

The room was HUGE. Loved the fridge and extra sink.

Free breakfast. It was not awesome but basic enough. Helped me save a little money.

Edited by wonderdox

Stayed at the Embassy Suites several times and really liked it. They have a manager reception (drinks and snacks) in the evening and a full breakfast in the morning. They are both included in the cost of the room. Also several restaurants, total wines, publix supermarket and other stores in a shopping center behind the hotel.

Edited by LABCHICK

Stayed at the Embassy Suites several times and really liked it. They have a manager reception (drinks and snacks) in the evening and a full breakfast in the morning. They are both included in the cost of the room. Also several restaurants, total wines, publix supermarket and other stores in a shopping center behind the hotel.

We stayed there twice. The first time we had a room that faced the main street that runs past it and we had some street noise issues. The second time, we asked for a room towards the back and everything was great. The cocktail hour and free breakfast are nice touches also.

We stayed there twice. The first time we had a room that faced the main street that runs past it and we had some street noise issues. The second time, we asked for a room towards the back and everything was great. The cocktail hour and free breakfast are nice touches also.

Our friends just stayed there before their cruise. They do offer airport pick up and transport to your ship for a fee, I think they said about $20.

We have been quite successful using Priceline and frequently won good properties in the FLL area (especially Dania Beach) for bids of $50-$60 a night. Most had free parking, free internet and complimentary breakfasts plus shuttle service from the airport and available (for a fee) to the cruiseport. This year we stayed in W.Palm Beach to visit relatives, rented a car at the airport which we returned to FL airport before our Liberty of the Seas cruise and got a Best Western in WP for $50 a night.