Celebrity - 1,2,3 promo

jb456

Can you get a liqueor on the classic package, I enjoy a Grand Marnier after dinner or would it exceed the price limit?
Grand Marnier is part of the premium package, but there are cordials that would qualify under the classic.

Thanks for the info.

Might try a different type of drink or two since it's free but I will mostly be sticking to beer (Budweiser) and maybe a few rum/cokes...... Would you say upgrading to premium is required or just stick with the classic freebie since it will be 90% beer?

I would stick with the classic because you can have all the bacardi and cokes and Buds that you want. You do have the option to upgrade to the premium with as few as 4 days left in your cruise for 11.50 per day, in case you wish to enjoy some of the more expensive craft beers or some of the mixed drinks that are over the 8.00 classic limit.

Thanks for the info.

Might try a different type of drink or two since it's free but I will mostly be sticking to beer (Budweiser) and maybe a few rum/cokes...... Would you say upgrading to premium is required or just stick with the classic freebie since it will be 90% beer?

If you really want only Budweiser and rum/cokes, the classic will be fine.

Since we got the classic for free we have paid for the upgrade so we can enjoy some higher end beers and have a better choice of wine by the glass at dinner.

Hey it's a vacation!

Morning,

First time cruiser here!

The 1,2,3 promo seems great but it appears to be a bit one sided and I'm wondering if there is some type of catch?

What I mean by this is out of the 3 choices the "classic beverage package" blows the other 2 choices out of the water by far. Unless you do not drink alcohol I can't see any reason why someone would choose the other 2 choices over the beverage package.

It appears to good to be true so is there a catch?

Do you have a certain limit each day that you can order between, soda/wine/beer,etc before you have to start paying?

Maybe something like 15 drinks a day, so in the morning if you have 3 coffees then your limit is down to 12 for the day?

What about alcohol? The wife doesn't drink but I'm a beer guy. I could see myself having around 10 beers on a sea day from afternoon to evening... Do they limit your drinks?

I apologize for all the questions it just seems to good to be true considering the price of the beverage package.

Thank you!

we always upgrade to the premium package as we enjoy the higher priced Martini's and specialty drinks. On celebrity the packages also include soda, specialty coffees ,wine by the glass, red bull, etc., in addition to the alcoholic drinks. Great to start your day with a cappuccino with an extra shot every morning and other hot and cold beverages throughout the day. We also take bottled water to our cabin and off the ship using the package. A great perk!

T...... Would you say upgrading to premium is required or just stick with the classic freebie since it will be 90% beer?

Personally, unless you were going to go through the card in Michaels, drink martinis and cocktails I would stick with classic, there are a lot of good beers you can get on it.

If you have a great travel agent like me they will give you all 3 from the 123

Edited by dwhe

Personally, unless you were going to go through the card in Michaels, drink martinis and cocktails I would stick with classic, there are a lot of good beers you can get on it.

If you have a great travel agent like me they will give you all 3 from the 123

Would like to hear how you got all 3? Is it due to you being a long time cruiser? Were newbies so I presume we would not be offered something like that.

new to celebrity cruise line , but just booked a cruise and got the classic and gratuity with the cruise. great deal and if we want to upgrade thats nice as well. we have cruised RCI and had the drink package and its so nice not to have to worry about the bill at the end of the cruise. looking forward to sailing Celebrity.

new to celebrity cruise line , but just booked a cruise and got the classic and gratuity with the cruise. great deal and if we want to upgrade thats nice as well. we have cruised RCI and had the drink package and its so nice not to have to worry about the bill at the end of the cruise. looking forward to sailing Celebrity.

Having sailed on both Celebrity and RC multiple times, I think you will truly enjoy the celebrity package. Unfortunately the RC drink package that compares to the Celebrity drink package, doesn't include speciality coffee, which is very important to me. The Allure and Oasis have starbucks kiosks, and you pay additional for any starbucks purchase. You also pay additional for any cappucino or espresso in the restaurants- included in celebrity packages. Haven't been on the Freedom class in a few years, so I am not sure if they also have Starbucks.

Would like to hear how you got all 3? Is it due to you being a long time cruiser? Were newbies so I presume we would not be offered something like that.

I think he's saying the third came courtesy of his TA, not from Celebrity.

Elites who are not heavy drinkers would probably benefit more from the gratuity offer, wouldn't they?

With the classic package does the tip and the cost of the beer together need to equal less than $6?

No. The classic package will cover a beer which is $6 on the price list as well as the 15% gratuity. If the beer is listed for more than $6, you will be charged the full amount plus 15% - i.e. no portion of the cost of the beer will be covered by the package. If you have the premium package however, the listed price can be up to $13 AND if the listed price exceeds $13, you will only be charged the amount over $13 (e.g. if the beverage is listed as $15, you will only be charged $2 + $.30).

My travel agent automatically gives us free gratuities so we got the other 2 from the 123

I think he's saying the third came courtesy of his TA, not from Celebrity.

Elites who are not heavy drinkers would probably benefit more from the gratuity offer, wouldn't they?

I think they would.

The Hubby and I picked the gratuities for our 15 day Panama Canal cruise that we just returned from. It worked better for us. We don't really drink that much alcohol and we came out ahead on the gratuities. We were in a C-2 cabin which required $12.50 pp per day so it worked for us. If it's a shorting cruise then it would not work.

It really is just a preference as to how much you drink during the cruise. If you can drink 8 drinks a day (or if it's just the convenience) that's all that really matters. Everyone is different. Happy Cruising!:D

Edited by Droop

[quote name='dwhe']Personally, unless you were going to go through the card in Michaels, drink martinis and cocktails I would stick with classic, there are a lot of good beers you can get on it.

If you have a great travel agent like me they will give you all 3 from the 123[/quote]

Depends on how you define "good beers". Hard to compare the $6 and $5 ones to the $7-$13 ones in Michael's Club.

Don't forget the Molecular Bar.;)

[quote name='Droop']It really is just a preference as to how much you drink during the cruise. If you can drink 8 drinks a day (or if it's just the convenience) that's all that really matters. :D[/quote]

On the other hand, you don't need to be a candidate for a 12 step program to make the package worthwhile. 1 glass of wine or a cocktail, 1 specialty coffee and 1 fancy water each per day makes the beverage package by far the better deal unless I'm missing something. (yes, Elites mileage may vary based on their additional perks).

Just thinking about the 7 day southern caribbean we are about to go on in a couple of weeks and since we booked our cruise, which was about a year and a half now, the price for a 2A cabin has gone up from about $879 to around $1500. I know some of it has to do with supply and demand, but it seems like an aweful big increase to me. Do you think maybe you are paying for that drink package or gratuities indirectly??? Just a thought.....

[quote name='wpgcycler']If you have the premium package however, the listed price can be up to $13 AND if the listed price exceeds $13, you will only be charged the amount over $13 (e.g. if the beverage is listed as $15, you will only be charged $2 + $.30).[/QUOTE]

Are you sure of this? I ask because I have heard that in some of the specialty restaurants there are no glasses of wine priced at $13 or below.

[quote name='MTemple212']Just thinking about the 7 day southern caribbean we are about to go on in a couple of weeks and since we booked our cruise, which was about a year and a half now, the price for a 2A cabin has gone up from about $879 to around $1500. I know some of it has to do with supply and demand, but it seems like an aweful big increase to me. Do you think maybe you are paying for that drink package or gratuities indirectly??? Just a thought.....[/quote]

Can only speak for my own cruise. The price did not change with the introduction of the 123 promo - which is why I cancelled and re-booked.

[quote name='whataboutport']Does anyone have a pic of the bar selections with prices as far as beers go? Would Guinness and Newcastle be covered by the classic package?[/quote]

Gee, we sure could use a sticky providing this type of information which is asked for at least daily. According to the menu's recently posted by MVPinBoynton, the answer is "no".

[URL]http://www.thepreismans.com/ecarib_reflection_menus.htm#main[/URL]

Re:On the other hand, you don't need to be a candidate for a 12 step program to make the package worthwhile. 1 glass of wine or a cocktail, 1 specialty coffee and 1 fancy water each per day makes the beverage package by far the better deal unless I'm missing something. (yes, Elites mileage may vary based on their additional perks).

I hear you on that. :p The thing with us is that the hubby does not drink coffee, or fancy water or beer (I know there are other things). He did bring his Diet Dr. Pepper on board (because they don't have it on the ship)....and he purchased the basic soda package. I know there are other things that he could drink....and for me I just drank the usual water and juices out of the cafes. Every now and then I purchased a drink but for us it just worked out better. It's just a preference. :D Edited by Droop

[quote name='vedettes1']Are you sure of this? I ask because I have heard that in some of the specialty restaurants there are no glasses of wine priced at $13 or below.[/quote]

Don't know where you heard that but a quick look at the lists in the link I posted above will demonstrate otherwise.

[quote name='wpgcycler']Gee, we sure could use a sticky providing this type of information which is asked for at least daily. According to the menu's recently posted by MVPinBoynton, the answer is "no".

[URL]http://www.thepreismans.com/ecarib_reflection_menus.htm#main[/URL][/quote]

Thanks great information