Just back from the Fantasy...............

my2monkees

if anyone has any questions ask away and I will try to answer. I did bring home the Fun Times with me.

For the couple that asked questions (on the everything Fantasy thread) I will post those answers over there later tonight or tomorrow.

One question I do have is what time did you arrive to port and how long was check-in? I've heard the port of Charleston can be a little of a bear. Looking to get on as early as they'd let me after priority guests that is.

unc1 - have a look at the All Things Fantasy thread. Lots of prior discussions about boarding. There's also lots of info on the East Coast Departures board for Charleston departures. I don't want to hijack the OPs thread, but I've done it a few times. Yes, it seems confusing at first, but if you find and read the info/explanations, once you get there and see how it's done, it isn't so bad.

OP - did you enjoy your cruise? I'm waiting for my PVP to call me so I can book my post-tax-season Fantasy cruise. It'll be my 7th on her. :D

Richie & Mary - No didn't really hear anything. Now my friend I was travelling with said that she overhead some older folk and they said it was a boy (well these ladies were well into their 70 maybe even 80) so boy could have been someone 50 to them. I feel for the family though.

Unc1acc - I have never had trouble with the embarkation (this was my 5th time). The 1st 4 we stayed in a hotel in Mt. Pleasant and the cab dropped us right where you get on the shuttle. This last time my dh drove my friend and I to the port and dropped us off. We were in line around 10:45, inside the building around 11:10, and they let us board at 11:30. By 11:45 I had my bowl of stir fry from the Mongolian Grill. Now the people driving themselves were waiting in line to enter the parking building when we past so not sure how long it took them. To enter at this port is different then most since you have to take the shuttle (it's just a temporary port) but it is nice as only about 40 or so people enter the building at a time which makes it easy to check in.

UNC1ACC, when we traveled out of Charleston, we arrived at the terminal about 10:45. We had to wait until 11:30 until they opened the parking lots. They have limited parking space and have to wait until the previous guests leave before they allow arriving guest to park. From security to on board took 20 maybe 30 minutes MAX.

Andy - Had a great cruise. It was pretty cool (only shorts 1 day and sweat jacket all days) but compared to other places not bad.

The sailing was very calm until the final sea day and it started to really rock and roll. Quite a few sick people on board. up until that time it was like sailing on glass.

UNC1ACC, when we traveled out of Charleston, we arrived at the terminal about 10:45. We had to wait until 11:30 until they opened the parking lots. They have limited parking space and have to wait until the previous guests leave before they allow arriving guest to park. From security to on board took 20 maybe 30 minutes MAX.

Thanks. I'll be coming by cab from hotel across the bridge. Glad to hear the embarkation process is quick an easy. Thought about getting the FTTF but if it's that short, no need.

My countdown is on....really feels weird now looking outside my house with 2+ inches of snow coming down and more coming.