Out voted by my group, have attend formal night

Happy ks

Our last 3 cruises we have dressed in "country club casual" and I love it. We go to the.specialty restaurant and have a great meal with far less stress and crowds.

Now 3 of the 5 women in the group want to dress formally. The 3 men (including my husband) just looked at us and said "have a good time". I even suggested dressing formal, but still going to the specialty restaurant. No, they want the whole experience. I will miss having dinner with my husband those 2 nights, they said they would rather go eat pizza.

So, as much as I want to skip formal, I don't want to miss an evening with these ladies (all family, 3 of them live far away from me).

So, no question, not really a rant. Just disappointed I have to pack extra stuff. This is cruise #25 or 26, so I'm no stranger to formal nights.

Edited by Happy ks
sp

Our last 3 cruises we have dressed in "country club casual" and I love it. We go to the.specialty restaurant and have a great meal with far less stress and crowds.

Now 3 of the 5 women in the group want to dress formally. The 3 men (including my husband) just looked at us and said "have a good time". I even suggested dressing formal, but still going to the specialty restaurant. No, they want the whole experience. I will miss having dinner with my husband those 2 nights, they said they would rather go eat pizza.

So, as much as I want to skip formal, I don't want to miss an evening with these ladies (all family, 3 of them live far away from me).

So, no question, not really a rant. Just disappointed I have to pack extra stuff. This is cruise #25 or 26, so I'm no stranger to formal nights.

Hi Kathy:) so let me understand, it is only the gals that are eating

together?.....I am guessing you don't cruise together much? And

I didn't realize you cruised with family...usually it is you and hubby,

right?

Not sure I fully understand your predicament but is it really that much extra?

I just packed for our upcoming cruise(and posted here about it) but I'm taking 2 cocktail dresses, a black skirt and 2 nice blouses. Each of these items rolled up to the same size as a T shirt.

I'm taking a few more formal dresses, but they too roll up very small.

Depending on the length of your cruise you could get away with 2 skirts, and 2 blouses. Maybe bring a nice scarf or big necklace to jazz up the tops the second time around. ;)

Your husband could get away with just 1 pair of dress pants, 2 shirts and a tie.

I'm sorry you are in a spot where you have to pick between your husband and your friends. Perhaps you ladies could eat breakfast or lunch in the MDR and you do speciality restaurants for dinner?

Good luck, hope it all works out for everyone.

Just think of it as a girls night out! Let the men all eat together (boys night out) and meet up after.

Hi Kathy:) so let me understand, it is only the gals that are eating

together?.....I am guessing you don't cruise together much? And

I didn't realize you cruised with family...usually it is you and hubby,

right?

No, usually we cruise with family/friends. This time it's sis, aunt, sister in law and niece. I haven't seen my niece in 6 years, my aunt we see only once a year or so. The in law is my sister's, but we are good friends.

Our other friends we cruise with are more than happy to skip formal night.

It's not just packing the dress and shoes, we just like the freedom of not going to formal night. The first time we did miss it, I thought I would have regrets. I have the clothes and shoes, so that is not the issue at all. I'll probably take one cocktail dress and wear it both nights. My sis is on my side, we just looked at each other, talked about it for a few minutes and decided we would relent for the girls.

I asked my husband if he would mind and he said "buh-bye!". It's. What he says when I ask him if he wants to go shopping with me :D

I asked my husband if he would mind and

Edited by Happy ks

Just think of it as a girls night out! Let the men all eat together (boys night out) and meet up after.

That's what we were thinking. I'l probably go right back to the cabin and change after dinner. The guys can go do guy things. My husband and Bil have the suits and ties, plenty of them. They don't want to pack them.

I'd rather hang with the girls than the guys.

So some of the girls want to 'dress up' & no one else does. Couldn't you all still go together even though you're dressed differently? Not sure which crusie line your on, but most of them seem to have a more 'anything goes' when it comes to formal night.

Royal Princess in 75 days.

I'm excited about this cruise. It will be a whole year since we last cruised. We usually go 2-3 times a year. My sisters sil has never been on a cruise. My niece got married on a cruise ship 6 years ago. That was the last time I saw her.

I know the week will be a crack-up. I wish it were longer than 7 days :)