Anybody Use Daily Istanbul Tours?

Daily Instanbul Tours is rated very highly highly in Trip Advisor. They have a tour especiablly for cruisers. I communicated with the owner, Soner, and it sounds wonderful. Did anybody out there use them?

Thank you for your responses.

Daily Instanbul Tours is rated very highly highly in Trip Advisor. They have a tour especiablly for cruisers. I communicated with the owner, Soner, and it sounds wonderful. Did anybody out there use them?

Thank you for your responses.

We are using them this fall. Their reviews are great and we too have found Soner good to deal with. We are doing our tours privately :D

we will be there in July with Princess ....what are you doing on your tour and how many people/price? thanks

Our first day we are doing a historical tour of Istanbul - price for 8 of us is 300 euros (of course it does not include lunch and admittance fees - which are not high). Here is the pricing I got when I emailed him - 250 euros for 4, 280 euros for 6 and 300 euros for 8-10 (price per car not passenger) admission fees, lunch & incidentals not included - entrance fees total 60 Turk Lira, $30 USD or 21 euros.

On that tour you typically visit Hagia Sophia, Byzantine Hippodrome, Blue Mosque, Topaki Palace & Grand Bazaar. We are substituting the Grand Bazaar with the Cistern as we are doing a shopping tour the next day with them and will see the Grand Bazaar in detail then. The price for the shopping tour is 170 euros for 4, 180 euros for 6 & 190 euros for 8

Hope this helps :D

We are substituting the Grand Bazaar with the Cistern as we are doing a shopping tour the next day with them and will see the Grand Bazaar in detail then. The price for the shopping tour is 170 euros for 4, 180 euros for 6 & 190 euros for 8

Hope this helps :D

If your group has an interest in shopping, don't overlook the Arasta Bazaar beside the Blue Mosque -- much nicer things in general than one finds at the Grand Bazaar (although if one gets beyond the touristy areas there are still a few genuine craftsmen there).

Same tour he offered us - for 6-8 people we were quoted 80euros including lunch, parking and all fees (I need to negotiate!).

It was suggested to us the Sulieymane Mosque is less busy and very nice as a switch for Blue Mosque and that the Galata Tower is worth adding if time permits - have not asked Soner about those possibilities.

I'm not big on shopping just for shopping, would like to see some craftsmen...just not rug factories!

Edited by centerlinefl

If your group has an interest in shopping, don't overlook the Arasta Bazaar beside the Blue Mosque -- much nicer things in general than one finds at the Grand Bazaar (although if one gets beyond the touristy areas there are still a few genuine craftsmen there).

thanks very much for this info. Very appreciated :D

Same tour he offered us - for 6-8 people we were quoted 80euros including lunch, parking and all fees (I need to negotiate!).

It was suggested to us the Sulieymane Mosque is less busy and very nice as a switch for Blue Mosque and that the Galata Tower is worth adding if time permits - have not asked Soner about those possibilities.

I'm not big on shopping just for shopping, would like to see some craftsmen...just not rug factories!

Many of us are not big on shopping for the sake of shopping either - but we do want to see the crafts and things. We will not be going to any rug factories - guaranteed :D

Yes we used Soner for a full days tour while we were on the Constellation in October 2011. I would highly recommend him.I also wrote a trip advisor review.

He was great to deal with and very obliging. We covered all the main sights in one day. The price was very reasonable and included lunch in a local restaurant and all admission fees.

Glad to see he is still in business.

Yes we used Soner for a full days tour while we were on the Constellation in October 2011. I would highly recommend him.I also wrote a trip advisor review.

He was great to deal with and very obliging. We covered all the main sights in one day. The price was very reasonable and included lunch in a local restaurant and all admission fees.

Glad to see he is still in business.

Did you go to a carpet factory/demonstration?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No we certainly didn't!! I would have asked not to if we had!

Our tour went to Hagia Sophia, The Basilica Cistern, Topkapi Palace, The Blue Mosque and the Grand Bazaar and lunch in a restaurant called the pudding shop if I remember correctly. It was such great value for money.

We did visit a carpet shop on the ships excursion to the Spice Market which we took on our last day because of the airport drop off. It was Ok because we got a much needed sit down and a nice glass of Apple tea but the carpets were WAY out of our budget!!

No we certainly didn't!! I would have asked not to if we had!

Our tour went to Hagia Sophia, The Basilica Cistern, Topkapi Palace, The Blue Mosque and the Grand Bazaar and lunch in a restaurant called the pudding shop if I remember correctly. It was such great value for money.

We did visit a carpet shop on the ships excursion to the Spice Market which we took on our last day because of the airport drop off. It was Ok because we got a much needed sit down and a nice glass of Apple tea but the carpets were WAY out of our budget!!

Thanks for the info. We are torn between a tour such as Soner's and DIY. There is a lot to see in only one day so we are thinking of a tour. Is 80 Euruos really the entire cost before tip?

Thanks for the info. We are torn between a tour such as Soner's and DIY. There is a lot to see in only one day so we are thinking of a tour. Is 80 Euruos really the entire cost before tip?

yes, if you are not doing it private (and it is small groups), that is the cost - it is pretty much all inclusive (I had emailed Soner).

Honestly I think that the tours in Turkey are quite reasonably priced and for that reason decided not to try to diy. Even though we have two overnights, there is a lot to see :D

Yes I agree there is so much to see its easier to do it with a guide. You can waste a lot of precious time on your own on a city like Istanbul. We also found the tour prices to be very reasonable

In fact I just checked my notes and we paid 71 € per person which included the Cistern at an extra 6 € back in 2011so 80€ sounds about right.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I have tried to email them a few time with no response. Can anyone post which email they are using? I am using the info@dailyistanbultours.com

sorry away on a cruise and just saw this.

that is the email I am using. I have had to resend once. Try resending using high priority and receipt required. At least that way, you know if it has been read :D

For whatever reason when I am emailing certain areas in Europe I find that if I do the receipt required they seem to go through better.

I have tried to email them a few time with no response. Can anyone post which email they are using? I am using the info@dailyistanbultours.com

I have found he either responds very quickly or not at all. Try again and tell him your last message did not receive a response.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app