Traditional Dining Question

CountryCruiser

We have a group of 13 (all family) cruising together on the Carribean Princess and would like to eat together most evenings. On a couple of nights there may only be 10. Is it possible for all 13 of us to be seated together and would it be better to be anytime dining or traditional dining.

We have a group of 13 (all family) cruising together on the Carribean Princess and would like to eat together most evenings. On a couple of nights there may only be 10. Is it possible for all 13 of us to be seated together and would it be better to be anytime dining or traditional dining.

In either case there would be too many for one table, you would have to split up. But if you advise the head waiter at the door what your intentions are I am sure he will attempt to accomodate you all in the same location. :)

Is everyone going to want to eat at the same time every night (traditional)? That would be tough to get everyone on the same page I would think.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

...would it be better to be anytime dining or traditional dining.

Traditional. While you will likely have to split up into two tables, if you are in Traditional, when you arrive for dinner, the response you get at the podium will be; "right this way." Were you to arrive at an Anytime Dining Room and asked for accomodations for all 13 of you either at the same table or at two tables in close proximity, the reaction you would likely get is: "Are you friggin' kidding me?"

Edited by JimmyVWine

This would almost have to be traditional, they would either do 10 and 4 or more likely 7 and 6. 10 at a table is crowded but doable.

Anytime dining for 13 would involve a long wait as they would need to have two large adjacent tables clear at the same time..

This would almost have to be traditional, they would either do 10 and 4 or more likely 7 and 6. 10 at a table is crowded but doable.

Anytime dining for 13 would involve a long wait as they would need to have two large adjacent tables clear at the same time..

Not if its set up with the head waiter or MD.

We had a group of 17 on one family cruise, and 15 on another. Both times we had two tables and then rotated each night so everyone had time to be with each other. It was fun. And since everyone chose their own daytime activities it was fun listening to everyone's day. And we really liked having the same wait staff. THings went smoothly every night with no delays waiting for tables.

In either case there would be too many for one table, you would have to split up. But if you advise the head waiter at the door what your intentions are I am sure he will attempt to accomodate you all in the same location. :)

Is everyone going to want to eat at the same time every night (traditional)? That would be tough to get everyone on the same page I would think.

I would go with Traditional Dining. If you have trouble getting everyone to a set time, what are your chances if you can go at anytime?

I would do traditional dining with two tables. Near each other and hopefully with the same staff. It would be like herding cats to get everyone together for anytime-just picking a time would be hard.

There is a set time for traditional; rotate places and who you sit next to each night. If someone chooses to dine elsewhere they should let someone know that they will be missing that night.

Could you imagine with AT how LONG it would take 13 folks to even decide and agree on what time dinner would be :eek:

Based on our experience ... you'd probably be eating near late traditional time anyway.

Trust me - even if they would accommodate 13 - you would NOT want a table that large. The service would be very slow. I would go traditional and get 2 tables close by. You can always rotate to visit with each other and they can link all of your bookings so they would be side by side tables.

Edited by GweninTX