Where to get a drink in the morning?

LrgPizza

On the breakaway there was a bar in the buffet but I don't remember what time it opened because I didn't have breakfast in the buffet. I'm guessing there will be a bar on the getaway too...

If I'm breakfasting in the buffet on the Getaway, can I get a Bloody Mary or mimosa? Will I have to get one elsewhere? Is breakfasting a word? In the event we do the UBP, we'll want to start early. ;)

All the NCL ships we have sailed upon have a bar which serves morning drinks. Usually, this is located in the buffet. Look in the daily and it will tell you the location, for your specific ship. Usually, there is a morning Bloody Mary special. We've never been on the Getaway, so we can't comment about her, specifically.

Yes, "breakfasting" is a word. It's the present participle of "breakfast".

If you have the UBP, go to where they sell the fresh juices. If you ask for a mimosa, it will be covered (but without alcohol, it will be $5). Wish I had known this information in November!

Wait, UBP doesn't cover plain juice?? What about the other beverage package for kids? Is juice covered there? My son doesn't drink anything carbonated.

(Edited to add: Look, I just hijacked my own thread! Oops.)

Edited by LrgPizza

All the NCL ships we have sailed upon have a bar which serves morning drinks. Usually, this is located in the buffet. Look in the daily and it will tell you the location, for your specific ship. Usually, there is a morning Bloody Mary special. We've never been on the Getaway, so we can't comment about her, specifically.

Yes, "breakfasting" is a word. It's the present participle of "breakfast".

Thank you for the info! I plan to breakfast the he** out of this ship! :D

Wait, UBP doesn't cover plain juice?? What about the other beverage package for kids? Is juice covered there? My son doesn't drink anything carbonated.

(Edited to add: Look, I just hijacked my own thread! Oops.)

Regular juice is free at breakfast, and I don't think it's covered on the soda plan. The fresh juice costs about $5, I think, so I didn't get it. If I had known that it would be covered with a shot of prosecco, I would have had that every morning! I'm not sure if the UBP would cover juice at the bar. Maybe someone else knows?

For that which you seek.

Try going to waves pool bar by the pool (waves is the only bar that had the morning specials). They have the specials in the morning until 11:30am. I have not been on Getaway yet, so im not sure if they are following suit, but start with there first and if they have a deal they will tell you.

If your son doesn't drink carbonated don't get him the soda card, juices are not covered at the bars and the juices the other poster is talking about are the fresh squeezed at the little set up, and there are free flavored waters on the buffet.

Now, if you are forced to buy the soda card because of the UBP just bite the bullet and get it. He might like a shirley temple every once in a while. ;)

Edited by Sauer-kraut

If your son doesn't drink carbonated don't get him the soda card, juices are not covered at the bars and the juices the other poster is talking about are the fresh squeezed at the little set up, and there are free flavored waters on the buffet.

Now, if you are forced to buy the soda card because of the UBP just bite the bullet and get it. He might like a shirley temple every once in a while. ;)

Yeah, we are getting him the card due to UBP. It's only $36.23 for the week including gratuity, so we can drink that much extra in alcohol to make up for it. Glad to know there are free juices at the buffet. Perhaps he can stumble upon some lemonade somewhere. Otherwise, we will bring a case of water with individual drink mixes for him. Regarding the Shirley Temple, I read in another post where someone said they couldn't get virgin drinks with the soda card. Maybe I can get one for him with my UBP and pretend it's for me? (I know, cheating, whatever. But since he's getting absolutely nothing from the soda card, NCL will still come out ahead.)

Thanks for all the replies here, folks!