Maasdam Refrigerators

gsrunyan

Our Vista Suite is listed as having a refrigerator. On other lines we have sailed, the "refrigerators" were coolers but not refrigerators; that is, they will keep something already cold, cold, but will not cool something warm.

Are the refrigerators on Maasdam really refrigerators or coolers?

Glenn:cool:

that is, they will keep something already cold, cold, but will not cool something warm.

The thermoelectric coolers will keep things at about 25 degrees below whatever temperature you keep your cabin set to. They will cool warm items, it just takes a long time.

I would not call them a cooler myself as that images up having to get ice and storing it in the cooler. Like on a picnic

I would call it a small fridge, like you had in your dorm room at college. Not a lot of room but serves a purpose.

Sorry, but from personal experience, not all cabins on HAL have "cool boxes". Ice buckets - yes, coolers no. I do not know about the newest model ships, but ships like the Amsterdam and Statendam do NOT have them in ocean view and inside cabins. Verandah cabins and suites on these ships do have them. If need be, you can rent them for a few dollars a day if you cabin type does not have one.

We have been on the Maasdam twice, and the interior cabins do not have a fridge. You can rent one for your room for $2.00 a day. We have done that both times as we like to keep pop and water cold. The fridge kept things nice and cool.

The regular cabin 'refrigerators' are coolers. They are like hotel mini bars.

I would not call them a cooler myself as that images up having to get ice and storing it in the cooler. Like on a picnic

I would call it a small fridge, like you had in your dorm room at college. Not a lot of room but serves a purpose.

Seeing it's been years since many of us had dorm rooms :D .......

Hotel Mini Bar type frig probably gives a fairly accurate image especially seeing they are filled with cans of beer, soda etc

You can have your steward remove those items if you don't wish to use them and that will prevent the bar department, which services the mini bars, from thinking you consumed those items and charging you for them.

We have been on the Maasdam twice, and the interior cabins do not have a fridge. You can rent one for your room for $2.00 a day. We have done that both times as we like to keep pop and water cold. The fridge kept things nice and cool.

If you think you may wish to rent one, it is a good idea to arrange it in advance as the ships have a limited number on hand to rent out.

You can arrange it by calling Ship's Services at 800-541-1576

If you think you may wish to rent one, it is a good idea to arrange it in advance as the ships have a limited number on hand to rent out.

You can arrange it by calling Ship's Services at 800-541-1576

Yes, we have always arranged the rental a few months ahead and the fridge was always waiting in our cabin when we boarded. A bonus: they bring a power strip to plug the fridge into so that gives you more outlets to use for things like charging electronics!

Dorm fridges are not the same as the coolers hotels often use. A dorm fridge is much cooler and can even have freezer compartment like older fridges used to. The mini bar style only keeps things cooled and not cold. If you have ever had medication that required refrigeration you'd find that it makes a big difference.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4