Bath Amenities

treasurer

The room service department on the Star is outstanding. Alvaro, the supervisor is the best of the best. I think our fruit was changed every day. We were spoiled in the GS for a month last spring.

My point was that suite perks seem to be slipping. We didn't get the floral arrangements like in the past. The Royal had two orchids stuck in with two small foliage plants.

Went on an Alaskan cruise with my elderly in laws. Their case was two kilos over weight at the airport. Before we paid the excess baggage we opened their case to see if there was anything we could leave behind. They had 20 bottles of shampoo/conditioner etc. ,10 bars of soap. many Lipton's tea bags. even some buffet cheese. We left it all behind at the airport. When asked why they had removed them they said they were on a pension and the cruise cost so much. They hadn't even paid for the cruise, I had. I just wish we had the containers on that cruise.

Went on an Alaskan cruise with my elderly in laws. Their case was two kilos over weight at the airport. Before we paid the excess baggage we opened their case to see if there was anything we could leave behind. They had 20 bottles of shampoo/conditioner etc. ,10 bars of soap. many Lipton's tea bags. even some buffet cheese. We left it all behind at the airport. When asked why they had removed them they said they were on a pension and the cruise cost so much. They hadn't even paid for the cruise, I had. I just wish we had the containers on that cruise.

Thanks for the smile! That story made my day. ;)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

The room service department on the Star is outstanding. Alvaro, the supervisor is the best of the best. I think our fruit was changed every day. We were spoiled in the GS for a month last spring.

My point was that suite perks seem to be slipping. We didn't get the floral arrangements like in the past. The Royal had two orchids stuck in with two small foliage plants.

Yes, I understood your point. I think it must depend on the ship. My suite on the Star was my first time in a full suite, so I didn't know what to expect. I was on for 2 weeks and got 2 full flower arrangements. I was surprised to see another one the second week. It was great for me.

I have always thought the eucalyptus shampoo and conditioner in the bottles were fine. I read a lot of posts on CC of people complaining about the shampoo and shower gel in the dispensers. I thought, "some people complain about anything!" However, I recently sailed on the royal with the new dispensers and I agree with those who complained about the shampoo. My hair was hard to comb after I washed it and felt extra course and frizzy. Not a huge problem, next time I will bring my own!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The ship's shampoo doesn't even foam up, and doesn't get hair clean.I don't think it is safe for colored hair.

I bring my shampoo and conditioner in plastic, airport safe size containers that I bought at Walmart. Just fill them up before each trip.

I go to the dollar store and by the liquid bath soaps. Even if anything left over, just throw it away before we go home.

Edited by san diego sue