"cruise critic" shirt

javafriend

DH and I were recently on a cruise. I noticed a fellow cruiser wearing a shirt stating "I am a member of cruisecritic.com and I am taking notes". To me, the "taking notes" part is offensive and comes across as threatening. My DH said to him it is like they were trying to get better service.

The cruise line we were on is very responsive to cruisecritic, always a gracious Host for meet and greets.

I would like to hear other's opinion on this or similar wear. Is it all innocent fun or is there deeper intent?

Lisa

Don't see anything offensive about it. Relax! Sounds like a funny t-shirt.

Hey cc mods what about a study as to how being known as a "cc'er" by all you meet affects your cruise?

You can secretly ask one couple from the roll call ( lets say they agree) outfit them with cc t-shirts, luggage tags and hats and a cc door sign and have them attend the meet n greet while wearing the t-shirt and then ask them to describe the service and treatment that they received on the cruise and at the ports. You can then ask 10 random couples coming off of the cruise the same questions. This would make for an interesting read. If you did this on 5 ships during the same week it would be even better.:)

Wahoo! Where do I go to volunteer? :p;)

DH and I were recently on a cruise. I noticed a fellow cruiser wearing a shirt stating "I am a member of cruisecritic.com and I am taking notes". To me, the "taking notes" part is offensive and comes across as threatening. My DH said to him it is like they were trying to get better service.

The cruise line we were on is very responsive to cruisecritic, always a gracious Host for meet and greets.

I would like to hear other's opinion on this or similar wear. Is it all innocent fun or is there deeper intent?

Lisa

Did you ask on the roll call for your cruise if anyone had this shirt (just ask it as a general question) and see if anyone responds. Of course, some people don't go back to a roll call once the cruise is over, but you never know.

It would be interesting if that person does see this thread and responds.

I do get amused at some posts -- usually the ones asking about getting officers to meet and greets, as if a CC group might be an entitlement. Or think that oh, why haven't you checked out CC before taking your cruise, as if most people would have heard of this site.