Onboard Caribbean Princess

SeaTheWorldBySea

Onboard the Caribbean Princess, day 5. Weather has been perfect and we have made all ports. We are hoping for smooth sailing as we return to Houston. Have heard no reports of norovirus so assume if there are any, it is just a few. All noro safety measures still in place and I am sure the crew will be happy when things return to normal. They continue to have smiles and friendly greetings for passengers. Food is only OK, we are not picky. I am grateful to not have to shop, cook or clean but so far can not say anything has been delicious.

Cruise Director is Marahscalh Stanton. We have no complaints at all about him. He seems friendly and approachable. Most of our cruises are more than 7 days and you can get to know all of the crew better than you can on a 7 day cruise.

Captain is Giorgio Pomata. I don't think we have sailed with him before. He certainly is not memorable (at least in any good way). He does not make announcements informing us of anything. We attended the most traveled passenger cocktail party last night 7:30 to 8:15 and felt we had missed comedian Tom McTigue for nothing. Show times were 7:00 and 8:30. No seats at all were left by the time we got to the theater.

At the most traveled passenger cocktail party we had time for 2 quick drinks - not a problem for us. We were seated in sky walkers and waiters came around 5 times, offering the following: 1 fried tiger shrimp, 1 stuffed mushroom, 1 small pig in a blanket, small thin strip of beef on a stick, and a small bone in chicken leg or wing or some such. Each was served with a sauce, in a small bowl. That is it! Officers moved among passengers to visit a little and making the best of the situation while passengers stayed put where seated. Very nice Captains Circle host made a short welcome speech while captain stood by. Captain said nothing and left as fast as he could.

We have 400 days with Princess and sat with a couple who have 560 something. They knew they were I think 5th most traveled onboard. Don't know where we ranked. Will try to visit with Captains Circle host before the end of the cruise.

Thanks for the posts. Who is the Captain's Circle Host? I was wondering if he/she was different than the one that was on the repositioning cruise from New York in October. I see the captain is the same, (he's fine, but more quiet than some), but the CD has changed. We are getting back on later in February, so wondered how much staff had changed since that repositioning cruise. Oh, by the way, we are on the Emerald TA from London with you, SeaTheWorldBySea, so hope to meet you then.

Onboard the Caribbean Princess, day 5. Weather has been perfect and we have made all ports. We are hoping for smooth sailing as we return to Houston. Have heard no reports of norovirus so assume if there are any, it is just a few. All noro safety measures still in place and I am sure the crew will be happy when things return to normal. They continue to have smiles and friendly greetings for passengers. Food is only OK, we are not picky. I am grateful to not have to shop, cook or clean but so far can not say anything has been delicious.

Cruise Director is Marahscalh Stanton. We have no complaints at all about him. He seems friendly and approachable. Most of our cruises are more than 7 days and you can get to know all of the crew better than you can on a 7 day cruise.

Captain is Giorgio Pomata. I don't think we have sailed with him before. He certainly is not memorable (at least in any good way). He does not make announcements informing us of anything. We attended the most traveled passenger cocktail party last night 7:30 to 8:15 and felt we had missed comedian Tom McTigue for nothing. Show times were 7:00 and 8:30. No seats at all were left by the time we got to the theater.

At the most traveled passenger cocktail party we had time for 2 quick drinks - not a problem for us. We were seated in sky walkers and waiters came around 5 times, offering the following: 1 fried tiger shrimp, 1 stuffed mushroom, 1 small pig in a blanket, small thin strip of beef on a stick, and a small bone in chicken leg or wing or some such. Each was served with a sauce, in a small bowl. That is it! Officers moved among passengers to visit a little and making the best of the situation while passengers stayed put where seated. Very nice Captains Circle host made a short welcome speech while captain stood by. Captain said nothing and left as fast as he could.

We have 400 days with Princess and sat with a couple who have 560 something. They knew they were I think 5th most traveled onboard. Don't know where we ranked. Will try to visit with Captains Circle host before the end of the cruise.

So Brett Siborne is not CD?

Do they have coffee makers in the room? If not, can we bring a small one?

Been on a few cruises with Princess, never seen a coffee maker in the cabin. Haven't tried to bring one, but from what I've read on CC, the cruise lines discourage one from bringing them onboard.