Mdr

Rallytime1975

I requested a window table once, a year in advance, and did not get it. Maybe you have to have more clout? Or it may be a matter of luck.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Since they don't assign seats until much closer to sailing, I wonder if asking too far in advance hurts more than it helps? I have no idea - I think I will give it a try a couple weeks before sailing and see what happens.

Thanks for the info about the Celebrity dining email address. I have been successful with getting a table for 2 (last time was near a window) when cruising on RCI. This was a few months in advance.

Hopefully, the Celebrity personnel (maybe the same people as RCI) are as efficient :)

I have heard others go and talk with the MatreeD in the Main Dinning room to request seats/table by the window. We have a group of 8 people, and the last cruise I was on, I was by the window and I LOVED it!!!!

Is this possible?

I'd tip the maitre d $20 at the very start of your cruise, explain your wish and trust his/her best effort will ensue. If you're in one of the set seatings, you should try to get this done as soon as you get on board. I don't know if you would be able to communicate earlier your wishes earlier than that via email.

Since they don't assign seats until much closer to sailing, I wonder if asking too far in advance hurts more than it helps? I have no idea - I think I will give it a try a couple weeks before sailing and see what happens.

I too think that was what happened. Too early. Last year we sent in a request to RCI about a month before sailing. We got exactly what we wanted. Very happy. I will try again later this year.

Thanks for the info about the Celebrity dining email address. I have been successful with getting a table for 2 (last time was near a window) when cruising on RCI. This was a few months in advance.

Hopefully, the Celebrity personnel (maybe the same people as RCI) are as efficient :)

I got a response back...

Very Good Evening Joe,

Your request to be assign at a table for two near a window is well noted, and will be definitely taken care of.

Kind regards,

Ana Milic

Restaurant Hostess

Not quite what I expected...The RCI people sent me back a screen shot of a program that they use for seating planning. That confirmation gave me more warm fuzzies that I'd actually get what I requested.

Ana's wording leads me to think that my request will be honored; however, there is a bit of room for a different interpretation.

Anyway, I'll take what I get...even the worst seats in the MDR will not prevent us from enjoying the cruise. :p

I never got a screen shot from RCI when I emailed them. But they did include the email thread that went thru about four people total before I got the confirmation. I can see why some requests aren't honored. There are a few people that could drop the ball along the way.

Of course, you may not really want to be by the window if the window spontaneously shatters as it did on the infinity TA this past fall. Imagine eating and suddenly hearing a very loud shattering noise directly behind you.

We were in pretty high seas so the ship was under some stress....the window just shattered like a windshield...it's safety glass, so it just shattered with cracks everywhere. We were one table away when it happened.

Be careful what you ask for :)

You're a glass half full type of person, aren't you? :rolleyes: