Trying to decide; any opinions?

seashell64

Looking to do an excursion through Carnival in May. In Key West from 8-4. Thought one of the Trolley Tours sounded like a good way to see the sites and like the hop on hop off idea, but the Pub Crawl looks fun too (We did one in St. Augustine and enjoyed it). We've been to Key West once in 1996 on a day trip from Key Largo, so it's been awhile

Anyone do any of these? Thanks in advance for your opinions!

Looking to do an excursion through Carnival in May. In Key West from 8-4. Thought one of the Trolley Tours sounded like a good way to see the sites and like the hop on hop off idea, but the Pub Crawl looks fun too (We did one in St. Augustine and enjoyed it). We've been to Key West once in 1996 on a day trip from Key Largo, so it's been awhile

As a local, I'm always inclined to advise against paying for a pub crawl and opting for just doing it on your own. However, the cruise line sponsored pub crawls always seem to get great reviews in Key West.

Why not make your own pub crawl while doing the trolley tour? Just hit a bar at each stop. That would be my suggestion.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi ..I will also be cruising same week as you on the Breeze and also stopping in Key West. Two years ago, DH and I did the City View Trolley tour ..the hop on/hop off tour. We did the full loop first without getting off just so we could get a good tour and and idea of what we think we'd like to do. Then we went around the loop again and got off at Higgs Beach. Not a great beach by any means, but it was nice to lie in the sun. It is much cheaper to get the pass online. You take your printout to their "desk" at a storefront in Mallory Square near the dock where you will get your "pass" which if my memory is correct is just a peel and stick tag you put on yourself/purse, etc. so you can show when you get on and off. We thoroughly enjoyed it, and the drivers have a great sense of humor and give you a good narrative tour.

Enjoy!

Edited by abisha