Leaving children onboard at club ... Royal caribbean

newparents

Hi

I know you are able to leave kids onboard while in port, my husband and I are thinking about going off for a morning one day on our own then bringing the children off in the noon, have you done this and were u able to relax properly? We are going on Freedom and were thinking about doing this in St Maarten.

Thanks in advance :-)

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

I have left my son on board by himself once or twice when we were in Europe. Both times I didn't venture too far from the ship and I wasn't at all concerned that somehow I wouldn't make it back on time. It would be really difficult for you to miss the ship from Nassau or any of the islands. Don't sweat it!

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain

Hi

I know you are able to leave kids onboard while in port, my husband and I are thinking about going off for a morning one day on our own then bringing the children off in the noon, have you done this and were u able to relax properly? We are going on Freedom and were thinking about doing this in St Maarten.

Many parent have done this. We did this in Bermuda, but we stuck close to port and were only off about 2 hours. It was raining, so we dropped our son off at the kids club, went ashore to shop, and then came back when the sun came back out. We got him from the club and went to the pool... In our case, we tried to leave with our son, but it was raining hard and he did not want to walk in the rain. Also, when we went to kids club, he saw some of his friends, so wanted to play with them instead of hanging with mom and dad...lol. I think if the kids club were empty and it was sunny and there were kids in the pool or leaving the ship, it might have been harder for him to just go to camp...

I think the only concern is when you have a tight deadline to get back to ship (before it leaves).

Hi

It depends on the age of the kids. I am comfortable with it now that the youngest is 8 years old, but I wasn't comfortable with it when he was a toddler.

One surefire solution is to do one of the ship excursions. They will guarantee to get you back to the ship. Not only that but when you do a ship excursion, they will open the youth program early for you free of charge to watch your child.

That's not true. They will guarantee that they will get you to the next port at their expense and cover hotel/meal expenses incurred but the ship often just cannot wait. This has happened - not often, but has definitely happened. In one case reported here, a member of the kids' club staff was assigned to care for the children until the parents could catch up with the ship.

The OP is talking about taking a couple hours off the ship- not a long tour. I was just suggesting this for the OP, if they want to do a half day morning tour in St. Maarten. But even if they don't do a ship tour- it would be no problem walking around St. Maarten or doing a short taxi drive to the beach. It's not going to be an issue.

Thanks everyone, was only going to be off for maximum 3 hours in morning then go back for the children, just so we can look at the shops. Alk replies were appreciated, thankyou all.