Quiet beach

hockeypapa

ANYONE KNOW OF A MORE QUIET BEACH THAN ORIENT?? ONE WITH A BEACH BAR RESTROOMS AND CLOSE TO PORT WITH UMBRELAX AND LOUNGE CHAIRS:p THANK YOU:rolleyes:

LE GALION MAY BE (shift) a choice, it is relatively near the Cruise Facility and not too busy, except on the weekends, when locals love it.

Has everything that you are looking for.

gary

Le Galion is as quiet as any, and quieter than most, beaches on the island -- both as to wave conditions (it is always calm), and crowding generally. Umbrella and chair rentals, reasonable priced food and drink, and restrooms - while not well maintained, no worse than what is found elsewhere on the island.

I love Le Gallion. It's a beautiful Caribbean beach, and is calm and shallow and perfect for kids. Food wise and beach bar wise I would chose Simpson Bay, and Karakter in particular. It's my faviorite beach bar and has the best beach bar food on the island to me. Chez Pat's and Karakter are night and day food wise IMO.

ANYONE KNOW OF A MORE QUIET BEACH THAN ORIENT?? ONE WITH A BEACH BAR RESTROOMS AND CLOSE TO PORT WITH UMBRELAX AND LOUNGE CHAIRS:p THANK YOU:rolleyes:

I found it ironic you would post in ALL caps,, meaning you are YELLING... to find a quiet beach... :confused: :D

We were at Mullet and Baie Longue a few days ago - both were absolutely beautiful and not at all crowded (although there were more people at Mullet for sure).

Baie Longue is lovely and very quiet but no beach bars or taxis around for the way back.

By La Samana resort at the end of the beach is the only easily accessible area to get in the water here that I found.

Mullet Bay Beach not too far but lovely: Its never crowded there.

11l2cys.jpg

This picture was a windy day, but most days it barely has waves.

I have been to Mullet plenty of times where this beach was very busy. Not Orient busy but 3 lines deep of chairs is not uncommon here. It's a great beach and because of it's proximity to Maho beach and the fact that you can reach it by bus it is becoming more and more popular with cruisers. On the weekends this beach along with Le Galion are very popular places because the islanders love these two beaches.

Edit: I find Mullet to have quite the drop from the beach to the water. In your picture I don't see that. Do you remember which month and year this shot was taken? Thanks:)

Edited by Karysa

:eek: DID ANYONE EVER THINK THAT THE PERSON TYPING IN ALL CAPS MIGHT JUST MIGHT HAVE A VISION PROBLEM AND IT S EASIER FOR THEM TO SEE???:confused: NOW I M YELLING!!!!:p

Nope, I will be honest, with your screen name shouting is just a given. Perhaps NOTSHOUTING would have been a better choice of screen name for you. ;):D

Mullet bay is nice, also you could try cupecoy beach which is a little ways from mullet bay. They have a bar that sits up on a cliff that overlooks the beach. You could also try dawn beach. In between the oyster bay resort and westin there's a little bar/restaurant on the beach !

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
Mullet bay is nice, also you could try cupecoy beach which is a little ways from mullet bay. They have a bar that sits up on a cliff that overlooks the beach. You could also try dawn beach. In between the oyster bay resort and westin there's a little bar/restaurant on the beach !

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

How would I get to/from cupecoy? Does the bar have a bathroom and access to the beach? Someone said this is a clothing optional beach...is the whole beach this way? Is the water calm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
:eek: DID ANYONE EVER THINK THAT THE PERSON TYPING IN ALL CAPS MIGHT JUST MIGHT HAVE A VISION PROBLEM AND IT S EASIER FOR THEM TO SEE???:confused: NOW I M YELLING!!!!:p

Yeah .... right ...... vision problem.:rolleyes:

• 9 months later...
I would also recommend Dreams or Le Sand on Nettle Bay.

It was lovely last month! Calm water, all amenities, peaceful setting...tho the restaurant area gets busy for lunch!

Thanks for this post. I'm looking into this area as well. Is there a preference between the two? I imagine I will need to arrange for the taxi to pick us up. Traveling with my 86 year old mom and looking for a relaxing, easy day with good food. Thanks.

Thanks for this post. I'm looking into this area as well. Is there a preference between the two? I imagine I will need to arrange for the taxi to pick us up. Traveling with my 86 year old mom and looking for a relaxing, easy day with good food. Thanks.

My sister and I will have our 88 year old mom with us. We're looking for something similar, too. How far are these beaches from port? Take taxi or bus?

I will be there on February 19.

It looks like these restaurants are a few miles from Marigot, so I think between 20 and 30 minutes in a cab with normal cruise day traffic, but preparing for the worst, I would ask the cab to pick us up at 3 for a 5 pm departure. This gives me some time to scramble if the cab does not show up.