New Price Drop Feature

hulamoon

I took a look at this but it is somewhat misleading.

The first cruise listed - Equinox 13 night TA shows a suite reduction from $5899 to $2399. Unfortunately, the $5899 is for a Royal Suite and the $2399 is for an S2.

Not sure exactly what advantage this will provide anyone looking for price drops. Maybe one of the moderators can explain exactly where CC is coming from with this?

Mmmmm...... this option doesn't appear on the menu on the Cruise Critic's UK website.

It's under Deals drop-down menu of the options across top of screen on US website.

And on the US site it shows the price in US dollars (naturally enough), but doesn't give an option to change currency display (my currency is Euros €).

And on top of that the "small print" says "available for US and Canadian residents".

Maybe they think only Americans & Canadians travel on their ships, or are deemed more deserving of being given an advantage !

:(

If you follow the links to check the price they go to an online travel agency. So on the surface it seems as if Cruise Critic is supplying a service however by linking this "service" to an online agency that offers a referral program it actually appears as if Cruise Critic has decided they want to compete with the agencies and cruise lines that spend thousands of dollars a month to advertise here. Interesting.

I wish I had seen this thread before signing up for price checks on all 3 of my upcoming cruises. My cruise actually had a price drop in the last week, but it was not listed. However, the cruise before it was and had a pretty good drop for a balcony below what mine currently is. Perhaps my cruise will drop even more before final payment next week.

If the Price drop emails don't help, we can always discontinue.

Edited by Iamthesea

Not sure exactly what advantage this will provide anyone looking for price drops. Maybe one of the moderators can explain exactly where CC is coming from with this?

It seems like the feature is designed to get people to book a new cruise because the price has dropped (given that it's tied to a travel agent, it seems obvious). Many of us were probably hoping you could register a cruise we had already booked and be notified that the price for our specific cabin had dropped (I know I was when I saw the announcement).

On the bright side, I did discover that 7 night Bermuda cruises in June on Grandeur are WAY more expensive than I'm paying for a similar length cruise on Celebrity Summit, and even the 5 nighter on RCCL Explorer is more than I'm paying for a week. So it wasn't a total waste of time. And maybe I'll get alerted to a price drop via the email I signed up for.

Edited by MisterBill99