Help me decide: one Boardwalk balcony or 2 connecting insides?

sherezada

I posted this on the Royal Caribbean's general board, but I figured I would post here too, since it has to do with traveling with kids.

We're trying to book the Allure this August. It will be me, my husband, our son (4) and our daughter (2).

Background: we've been loyal to Royal, and always had inside rooms (due to price), so obviously, we don't have any aversion to them (in fact, my husband kind of enjoys not being woken up by daylight).

Here are the two scenarios:

One Boardwalk Balcony for the 4 of us (10725): $3,574

-Pros: Could be nice to have a view and watch the Aqua shows from balcony

-Cons: It's way back in the ship;could be a long walk to attractions. Balcony could be dangerous with kids? It might be hard to have some "quality couple time" with the kids in the same room.

2 (aft) Connecting insides (8551/8553): $3,136

-Pros: They're right by the elevators and Central Park (easy access). We would have more space. Kids could have their own bed (or we could each share a bed with one kid), instead of them having to sleep in an uncomfortable sofa bed

-Cons: Could be noisy. I read on a review that there seems to be a crew stairwell by one of the rooms, where they seem to take the luggage through on the last night.

Any thoughts?

I would rather have the privacy that 2 cabins would afford you...the kids can be put down in one room, and you can still do stuff in your own cabin, without having to wake the kids!

As far as potential noise....sound like that might only be a problem on the last evening....

On the other hand...kids that small would not find a sofa bed uncomfortable. Don't worry about that!

And balcony safety.....have your kids ever fallen off a deck or over a banister? They won't "fall off" the balcony, either!