Live from the 1/23 Ruby sailing

Host CJSKIDS

i piggybacked off of Pia's live thread for our last sailing, so thought I would start my own this time around.

Turn around was quick and painless this morning. Met at 10:30 in Davinci and they walked us off maybe 15 min later. Quick and easy and back on the ship. First time doing a b2b so it was fun to watch the ship get ready and people come on. It's amazing to watch the crew work so hard to get the ship clean and set up.

The Platinum/Elite party tonight was something I haven't seen before. Many of the head chefs were there and they kept bringing trays and trays of all different appys and sandwiches. They went around serving everyone. The food was wonderful. Had my first chairman of the board as it was the drink special tonight and all I can say is WOW. That is one powerful cocktail.

Enjoyed trivia tonight, lost by 2 points. 3 teams tied and they did another question.

Wonderful day again and so looking forward to relaxing tomorrow in the Sanctuary.

I know, right? They'll knock you off your bar stool! But oh, so good.

Bon voyage; can't wait to read along with you -- and as I sit here shivering in below-freezing temps, I hope you describe in loving detail your warm weather!

Wonderful day again and so looking forward to relaxing tomorrow in the Sanctuary.

My friend, Danny, just boarded today (this is his 3rd time this month!) I'm pretty sure he will be in the sanctuary tomorrow. If you happen to meet him, tell him Mary said "hi".

Have a great cruise!:)

Edited by AryMay

Today was a day of sun and clouds. Probably more clouds. It sure does make it pleasant to sit outside however.

After grabbing a coffee & egg sandwich at the International Cafe, we headed up to the Sanctuary for the day. So really do enjoy it up there, it's such a great way to relax.

The count of the weekly seats reservation prior to the embarkation was 8 taken by those of us on a b2b.. They sold 25. Evidently the weekly passes were sold out by 12:15. It seems to be a very popular place to hang out again.

Ready to go for another original chocolate martini!

Had my first chairman of the board as it was the drink special tonight and all I can say is WOW. That is one powerful cocktail.

I know, right? They'll knock you off your bar stool! But oh, so good.

Sounds like my kind of drink!! :D Can you tell me how it's made?

Thanks,

Sounds like my kind of drink!! :D Can you tell me how it's made?

Thanks,

1 1/4 oz Grey Goose Vodka

1 1/4 OZ Bombay Gin

1/2 oz Cointreau

Chilled over ice and strained

Garnished with three plump olives:D

Mike:)

Edited by bhopal21

They served the drink with an orange peel.

Tonight was lots of fun. Amazing dinner in Crown Grill with our friends that joined us, followed by game night in Explorer's And yes, we were team 45! Instead of trying to figure out everyone's answers we figured we could go for shock value or different!

AFter that, fun night at Crooner's with everyone we have met on board.

Oh yea, the big wigs from Princess are on the ship. They were up in the Sanctuary and at Crooners tonight. Someone said it was the new CEO. not sure who they were.

Ruby won't replace the Crown for me, but it's still an amazing ship. Especially the team at Crooners and Wheelhouse!

Hi Carolyn, good to see you're continuing. Did you go to the Crown Grill the first night? Are you the four people who met my friend Tina?

Is the internet now functioning better?

No, we didn't go the first night so didn't met Tina.

the internet seems to have less issues and I've been able to load pages faster.