how to get the Elite Plus discount on Beverage Package

mjwcruising

Elite Plus members get a 10% discount on Beverage Packages.

This is our first cruise since the Captain's Club level changes.

We are wondering how we get the discount?

Does it automatically calculate the discount when you purchase the package it online?

My mom tried to use the discount while calling it in, but was told that you can only use it onboard (likely because this perk is a coupon), when she spoke to the rep at X they had no idea what she was talking about at first and then told her that it wasn't applicable until onboard.

The price increases if you buy it on board. Otherwise we would wait.

Turn in the coupon when you get on board, and I'm pretty sure they will adjust the price. I've read where folks paid ahead of time for specialty dining, and when on board they had a special 1/2 price offer and got their account adjusted.

I just called the Captain's Club and spoke with a very nice representative.

Was able to purchase the package at the on-line price but have to wait until I'm onboard to get the 10% discount refunded.

If I wait till I'm onboard to purchase the package I will need to pay the on-board price ($5 more per day) and then receive my 10% discount.

I went ahead and purchased it, now I just hope getting the discount works out without any hassles. :)

Edited by mjwcruising

I have no idea of when the reduction occurs, but the idea of the Celebrity website doing anything automatically strikes me as hilarious. Heck, am I the only one who has to add in new cruises on the X site?

Nope. We all do if you booked through a TA.

Any coupons for "perks" need to be used on board. Since the 10% is from a coupon, the same would apply.

Turn in the coupon when you get on board, and I'm pretty sure they will adjust the price. I've read where folks paid ahead of time for specialty dining, and when on board they had a special 1/2 price offer and got their account adjusted.

Hi - Does anyone know if the 10% coupon for the drink package one that would be received prior to the cruise via direct mail or email? Or is it part of the coupon sheet they put in your cabin that includes other discounts for laundry, wine etc?

Just trying to decide if I want to purchase the premium drink package or not and 10% off would certainly help persuade me in the direction to do so!!:D

Nope. We all do if you booked through a TA..

Not just through a TA, gimletgal. We booked two cruises while on the Connie last month and had to add both of them. Not a big deal but I would think the X system would pick up information for a new reservation number automatically.

Hi - Does anyone know if the 10% coupon for the drink package one that would be received prior to the cruise via direct mail or email? Or is it part of the coupon sheet they put in your cabin that includes other discounts for laundry, wine etc?

Just trying to decide if I want to purchase the premium drink package or not and 10% off would certainly help persuade me in the direction to do so!!:D

Read post #7. You can buy it now, go to customer relations when on board and get the discount applied. The representative I talked to said you can choose if you want the 10% refund as OBC or a refund to your credit card. I don't alway trust what representatives say but I'm hoping for a credit card refund because we already have plenty of OBC.

If you wait and purchase the beverage package on board you will get the 10% discount on the price of the package on board which is $5 a day more than purchasing it pre-cruise.

I wonder if you would get the 10% off the additional amount if you were upgrading from the 123 promo classic to the premium beverage package? We are considering upgrading to the premium package and thought we would just wait until on board ship.

Linda

Not just through a TA, gimletgal. We booked two cruises while on the Connie last month and had to add both of them. Not a big deal but I would think the X system would pick up information for a new reservation number automatically.

We have been booked while on board SI last summer and I had to add them on X site too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app - My next cruise - Equinox - B2B 6/2014

I wonder if you would get the 10% off the additional amount if you were upgrading from the 123 promo classic to the premium beverage package? We are considering upgrading to the premium package and thought we would just wait until on board ship.

Linda

That is a great question. We would venture a guess that if you called Celebrity 5 times, you would get 5 different answers. Heaven knows (actually we doubt if Heaven even knows) what they would do if you upgrade from Classic to Premium onboard :)

Hank

Read post #7. You can buy it now, go to customer relations when on board and get the discount applied. The representative I talked to said you can choose if you want the 10% refund as OBC or a refund to your credit card. I don't alway trust what representatives say but I'm hoping for a credit card refund because we already have plenty of OBC.

If you wait and purchase the beverage package on board you will get the 10% discount on the price of the package on board which is $5 a day more than purchasing it pre-cruise.

Hi - Thanks for the info and clarification on how to go about getting the refund.

I'm also wondering how the "coupon" for the 10% is received? Is it something that you saw online or something you received via email? I'm trying to track down where Celebrity has this offer in writing since they usually have a lot of fine print to their offers. :)

I did see that offer for elite plus on their website for captains club perks but not for elite. Thanks in advance for any info.

I just called the Captain's Club and spoke with a very nice representative.

Was able to purchase the package at the on-line price but have to wait until I'm onboard to get the 10% discount refunded.

If I wait till I'm onboard to purchase the package I will need to pay the on-board price ($5 more per day) and then receive my 10% discount.

I went ahead and purchased it, now I just hope getting the discount works out without any hassles. :)

If it does not, price is about the same.

Hi - Thanks for the info and clarification on how to go about getting the refund.

I'm also wondering how the "coupon" for the 10% is received? Is it something that you saw online or something you received via email? I'm trying to track down where Celebrity has this offer in writing since they usually have a lot of fine print to their offers. :)

I did see that offer for elite plus on their website for captains club perks but not for elite. Thanks in advance for any info.

The coupon will be on the sheet in your cabin when you board.

It is a for Elite Plus (not Elite).