Afternoon snack, anyone?

anandaindonesia

Going to depend on the ship. If it has a Great Outdoors, I always like grazing through their selections about mid afternoon. Otherwise, Blue Lagoon can fix you up with some snacks, and the buffet is usually only down about an hour or maybe two between the three meals served there each day. On sea days, there is frequently grilled food being prepared out by the pool deck sometime during the day. You'll never be at a loss as to finding something to eat.

I guess it may depend on which ship you're on. We were on the Dawn and my five year old was a fan of the hot wings in the Blue Lagoon. They will also make them "to go" (on the plate, with a plastic cover). I'm sure sitting poolside with some wings and beer can't be a bad thing, right? :D

I think "snacks" are where NCL is very lacking. My friend and I, who had only previously cruised on Princess, took our first Norwegian cruise last November. After returning from port excursions, we usually (on Princess) went to the Horizon Court and brought back a variety of cheese, salami, herring, fruit, crackers, guacamole and tortilla chips etc. to eat on our balcony.

We were very disappointed to see that the Jewel only offered Saltines as the cracker to go with the most "mundane" cheese selection. On Princess, there was quite a selection from garlic cheese spread, port wine, blue cheese, pepper, Swiss, etc. cheeses. On NCL, there were 8 or 10 thin slices of yellow or white cheese on a display. If I took 4 of those slices, the person behind the counter replaced those 4 pieces of cheese so that there was the same 10 thin slices available to the next person....almost as if they were rationing the cheese.

We asked if there were any other types of crackers or snacks and were told "NO".

I think "snacks" are where NCL is very lacking. My friend and I, who had only previously cruised on Princess, took our first Norwegian cruise last November. After returning from port excursions, we usually (on Princess) went to the Horizon Court and brought back a variety of cheese, salami, herring, fruit, crackers, guacamole and tortilla chips etc. to eat on our balcony.

We were very disappointed to see that the Jewel only offered Saltines as the cracker to go with the most "mundane" cheese selection. On Princess, there was quite a selection from garlic cheese spread, port wine, blue cheese, pepper, Swiss, etc. cheeses. On NCL, there were 8 or 10 thin slices of yellow or white cheese on a display. If I took 4 of those slices, the person behind the counter replaced those 4 pieces of cheese so that there was the same 10 thin slices available to the next person....almost as if they were rationing the cheese.

We asked if there were any other types of crackers or snacks and were told "NO".

If you are willing to pay an extra nickel or dime you can get those great snacks on NCL too.

If you are willing to pay an extra nickel or dime you can get those great snacks on NCL too.

What nickel and dime are you talking about? All these things are offered in the buffet, free restaurants or in the free room service at that hour?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

What nickel and dime are you talking about? All these things are offered in the buffet, free restaurants or in the free room service at that hour?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You did notice who posted that right?

Sent using a small piece o