Why would I book Princess Air!!!!

montu6

I just got off the phone with Princess Cruises regarding our upcoming cruise TA Rome to Fort Lauderdale in Dec. I talked to one representative, asked to talk to her supervisor, Betsy from Customer Services.

Here are my questions and their response:

1. Can I purchase just one way, VA to Rome? We have a Companion Ticket with a different airline and would like to use it to fly into a different airport than our departure airport.

A. No, only both directions unless flight originates in Fort Lauderdale.

2. Once I pay for ticket, do I get a seat assignment?

A. No, airlines do not give seat assignments until right before flight.

3. Can I pay to upgrade to Economy Plus (United)

A. No, they only do Economy, Buisiness and 1st Class.

4. Since my husband will be flying on FF points, can I link our seats to sit together.

A. No, see #2

While I realize the problems associated with Cruise Air, the price was tempting.($855.80) However there is no flexibility and sub-optimal customer service. So it is back to the drawing board for me. If there are still seats left on Supersaver when our points are added to our account next month, we will purchase tickets connecting through Zurich. It gets us there a little later but the price is right.

I asked to be put through to the quality survey but somehow, mysteriously, I was disconnected.

I just got off the phone with Princess Cruises regarding our upcoming cruise TA Rome to Fort Lauderdale in Dec. I talked to one representative, asked to talk to her supervisor, Betsy from Customer Services.

Here are my questions and their response:

1. Can I purchase just one way, VA to Rome? We have a Companion Ticket with a different airline and would like to use it to fly into a different airport than our departure airport.

A. No, only both directions unless flight originates in Fort Lauderdale.

2. Once I pay for ticket, do I get a seat assignment?

A. No, airlines do not give seat assignments until right before flight.

3. Can I pay to upgrade to Economy Plus (United)

A. No, they only do Economy, Buisiness and 1st Class.

4. Since my husband will be flying on FF points, can I link our seats to sit together.

A. No, see #2

While I realize the problems associated with Cruise Air, the price was tempting.($855.80) However there is no flexibility and sub-optimal customer service. So it is back to the drawing board for me. If there are still seats left on Supersaver when our points are added to our account next month, we will purchase tickets connecting through Zurich. It gets us there a little later but the price is right.

I asked to be put through to the quality survey but somehow, mysteriously, I was disconnected.

Not to mention that United absolutely does give seat assignments from the moment you book...at least when you book directly with the airline.

Not to mention that United absolutely does give seat assignments from the moment you book...at least when you book directly with the airline.

Exactly. So do American and Delta although American has started getting very stingy on which seats it makes available to non-status members. I had to make a booking for family members recently using their miles and felt bad that there were such few seats available for assignment.

Also, you can keep checking and often at 72 hours, 48 hours, and 24 hours before departure, you can improve your seat assignments so keep watching.