no 14 day Alaska must do 7 day b2b

vickie_bernie

Still none if the 14 day Alaska cruises showing up. Hopefully they will put some 7 day northbound and 7 day southbound cruises together closer to the last minute to fill those last few rooms. It was an incredible deal last year if you were able to book in the last 60 days or so.

Terry

It sounds like they are going Los Angeles --> Vancouver --> Whittier --> Vancouver, so no PVSA violation at all. They are essentially going Los Angeles --> Vancouver.

Agreed. It's the Seattle final port that is a problem with the coastal B2Bs. With YVR, it's totally fine.

Last year we did Sapphire LA to SEA and then had to change ships that day to the Golden to do SEA RT. So we still did the B2B but we just walked from one ship to the other in the terminal that day (almost 50 people did that) to avoid the PSA violation!

I got a great deal on a 14 day cruise on the Coral last year. I was surprised to see that they chose not to offer that option this year.

You got a great deal last year because they could not fill the ship unless they basically gave away the cabins.

That is a great strategy for a charity, but not so brilliant if you are a company trying to make a profit.

If they had to give it away last year, why oh why would you be surprised that they don't want to do it again?

We did the 14 day out of Vancouver on the Sapphire the last two years. I think it's because they had issues booking the northbound cruises. Last year we paid $499 per person for an inside for 14 days and the year before we paid $999 for an ov obstructed. I anticipate they will drop again this year, but it will definitely be harder to book the same cabin. I'll watch the prices and see what happens. I never book a cruise more than 3 months in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

$749 OV Obstructed on Island Princess last June for 14 days. Only the mid week rather than weekend departures seemed to get the great 14 day deals last year. Weekends were over double that price.

Just have to keep watching for a last minute bargoon to help them fill the ship!

Terry

• 1 month later...

Thanks AE Collector for the link to this thread.

We will keep watching hoping someone finds the 14 day deal if it comes and shares it with all of us waiting. We too paid $748 last year and spent a lot more OB than we would have on a 7 day.