Mini Suites on Grand Class Ships

jamesnnb

What does everyone like or dislike about the covered or uncovered balconies on the mini-suites on the Grand Class Ships? Some seem to like as they can look right up to the sky/stars and some seem to hate as others can look down on them. What do 'you' think?

It's a personal choice and itinerary. Some like maximum sun and don't mind the entire balcony exposed to everyone above as well as the elements. The Emerald deck mini-suite balconies are fully covered, quiet, private and protected. You don't get as much sun but for those who can't be in the sun, they're great. Since no one can see in, they are also very private. If your itinerary might have wind or rain, you're more protected.

the mini suits are perfect for our needs,just enough room not to step on one another and a decent bathroom. When we were younger we enjoyed the dolphin deck open balconies, nobody looking down ever bothered us. Now we are not so young anymore and roasting in the strong sun is not working for us anymore. We now book the Emerald aft mini suits and enjoy sitting out in the shade of the overhead cover (just wished Princess would put the rubber floor mats back again:() So there is a mini suite for every bodies needs,sun or no sun :D

Likewise, I have been in both and like both--each has its advantages.

I must say though that when I've had the Dolphin Deck minis I've never had a problem being in the open; the passengers above have always been very respectful of our privacy. Yes, you will occasional see someone look down from above but there has never been any gawking--we have never been made to feel uncomfortable.

What does everyone like or dislike about the covered or uncovered balconies on the mini-suites on the Grand Class Ships? Some seem to like as they can look right up to the sky/stars and some seem to hate as others can look down on them. What do 'you' think?

Its totally up to you!I love my sun and my privacy.That's why an AFT BALCONY Or SUITE Is Definitely The Only Way To Go!Remember,Your Only In Your Accomodation For Shower,Sleep And ?.....Not Necessarily In That Order!:D

We had a mini-suite on the Caribbean Princess cruise from 1/4 -1/11. Going in, we liked that ours had an uncovered balcony because that would seem to facilitate sun-bathing and star-gazing.

Sadly for us, it turned out to be a big disadvantage, because it rained all day and night for 6 of our 7 days at sea, and an uncovered balcony in the rain is essentially useless. We maybe spent a grand total of a half-hour on the balcony our entire cruise.

So I guess it depends on the weather you get: If sunny, uncovered is better, but if rainy, covered is better.

And of course, covered is better (essential) for balcony sex. :D