Explorer cabin 1688 or 7688

simpleman

I have already booked 1688 on the Explorer but noticed 7688 has the round cut out which seems to open up the balcony. I know 1688 has the larger cabin which is nice but we like the Aft Cabins for the balcony. So my question is from those that have stayed in one or both what are your thoughts?

If it just the 2 of you, it's a no brainer. #7688

3 or 4 person in the cabin I would take #1688 for the extra space inside the cabin.

#7688 should be less money too.

We have sailed in both cabins on Explorer too.

Jimbo:)

Edited by Jimbo

Large balcony

Deluxe room

Good Views to rear and side

Large balcony with major obstruction to side

Deluxe room but larger figuration

Views not as good

We take 7688 or 7388 any time we can get it

Hi - I have never been on the Explorer. I am planning a cruise for this summer. There are 5 of us and if I let my adult kids bring a friend there could be 8 of us. We live in Michigan. 3 of us went on our 1st cruise last year on the Allure and did Western Caribbean. It was a wonderful 1st cruise.

I was looking at going on Oasis the Eastern Caribbean (7 nights) or the Explorer Bermuda and Caribbean (9 nights). We are trying to make the trip as economical as possilbe so probably go with 4 persons per cabin and inside cabin.

When I check prices for Early June the prices are comparable between both ships. But its tough to get 4 person cabin on Oasis already.

The Explorer would be 2 extra nights and we are closer to New Jersey.

Has anyone been on both ships or itineraries? I would love to hear any pros or cons or suggestions.

Thank you

It seems the majority would prefer 7688, so since it's just myself and the DW I switched to this cabin. Thank you all for your input it is greatly appreciated.

I have been in both: I think the same number of times. (3 each)

And I would still pick 1688.

1688 has a VERY large balcony. Not as large as 7688's? Maybe, but not by much. And the cabin is MUCH larger.

I still stick with my advice.

but YMMV.

:)

Balcony(#7688) is the bomb, we bring a hammock. :) Can't use a hammock in #1688. Who needs the extra room in the cabin when you have all that room on the balcony. Come on Mom! No air flow, can be like a sauna in #1688's balcony, wasted balcony space too in that corner.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=38265554#post38265554

Jimbo :)

Edited by Jimbo

Mom, your pictures must be old, doesn't show the nice size table that is on the balcony of Cabin # 7688 now, we had breakfast every morning on the balcony. So nice when coming in to each port to sit out there and not miss anything.

Your first large picture labeled #1688's balcony is not #1688 , it's #7688's. Don't want to confuse the OP.

Hammock installation : ) plus shows the table

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38278560&postcount=282

Edited by Jimbo

My wife and I just booked 7688 for this April. We thought it was just a standard aft balcony like we have cruised on in the past......Then we found out that we had booked a LEGENDARY cabin. What a surprise!!! I'm gonna go buy a hammock tomorrow! Thanks everyone for all the pics!

Thank you everyone! We have 7688 booked for a months time & feeling bad that we couldn't get 1688. Now I feel happier with 7688.

Just wish I could combine the room size of 1688 with the balcony of 7688 and the e1 cheapest balcony price tag......

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app