Which line or ship--2preteen/teen

2littleprincesses

We are looking at cruising next jan or march 2015 with 2dds 11 &13. We went on the dcl magic in 2011 which we loved, but are looking at ncl, RCA, or ccl for this trip. They are not big risk takers (no zip line or big water slides). But would like mini golf, smaller waterslides, ice skating...They want to go places on their own. They love entertainment. Some concerns would be if they could be together for the tween clubs. Any ideas please?

My kids love NCL. The Breakaway (our last cruise) has a rock climbing wall, great slides, mini golf, bowling, a ropes course (very fun), and a trampoline. Your kids would not be in the same club, however. My teens loved the teen club, though.

Whatever line you decide on, I doubt your 11 year old would be able to move up to a teen club, so you want one with the teens being 14+.

We are looking at cruising in Nov with DS13 & DD11 and also want to find a program that will work for them. We are looking at 4 days on the Disney Dream or 4 days on the Enchantment of the Seas (which is half the cost). I know that they can be together on the Dream (they are both shy so this is a plus) but will they let DD go to the teen club with DS on Enchantment? How is the teen club on Enchantment? We have never been on DCL or RCCL so I would love some comparison and thoughts on which would work better.

Thanks

They won't let an 11 year in the teen club but your eleven year old with be better off in Adventure Ocean. My son was 12 on our last RCL cruise and he hated the teen club and did try it several times. He said the older kids were obnoxious and weren't nice to him. Enchantment is an ok ship. Nothing wildly exciting for adults or kids IMO. I'd say go with the Disney Dream- it's going to be nicer.

All cruiselines will offer vegetarian options...that shouldn't be a problem. I believe the kid's club on RCI is 9-11, 12-14......so they wouldn't be in the same age groups. They may let the older one move down, but they seldom let a younger one move up. RCI isn't known for slides....some ships have a small "kiddie" slide in the kid's pool...that's about it. Ice skating will only be available on the Voyager/Freedom class ships....

Some Carnival ships have bigger slides that adults can use. I'm not sure what their kid's club age groups are.

You really don't want your 11YO in with the teen program - the 12 and up kids will avoid the teen club activities if they think "little kids" are there.

When DD was 12YO but in 6th grade, she had a great time in the teen club, but never told anyone that she was in 6th grade. Someone else had mentioned it in their introduction at the teen club mixer and was really given a hard time about it. So when it was her turn she said she just said she was 12YO, played clarinet and liked math. She called it "don't ask, don't tell" :)