Our 1st Cruise: What did YOU forget??

Brown Boogie

First of all I would like to thank everyone for such outstanding incite and knowledge about these cruises. We are heading on our 1st one Feb 23 on the Magic to Roatan>Belize>Cozumel.

What did you forget on your 1st cruise and said "dang...should of brought that"??

Thanks CC Family!!

Joseph

Joseph:

I forget to leave home 1/2 of what I packed. Wasn't needed. When I got home and saw what I hadn't worn or used, I decided all I would ever need is a 21" carry on piece of luggage and a shoulder bag for essentials. Works like a charm for 7 - 10 night cruises.

Edited by evandbob

under the box where you write your comment..scroll down to "Additional options" & there is a box that says "manage attachments". Use this to pull your file from your computer. Then if I remember right (senior moment :o) you can post it from the attatchments pull down menu top right of this box (the box you type comment in).

Thanks- that's handy! :D

I'm a Murse and was checking IV's in the dark and realized that a good item to bring would be a mini flash light that connects to your lanyard. Many peeps says it gets dark in rooms so thought this might be a nice little item to have....

Cheers,

Joseph

I had a funny eavesdropping experience. A mom & dad lounging around the enormous pool with children at Grand Turk Island. Third day of the cruise maybe. First time cruisers, 3 kids around 8-12 yrs old. The dad says "I had always heard that you could get as much food as you wanted on a cruise, but I've never had so many hamburgers and hotdogs in my life." He complained about not much variety. I had to butt in and advise him that he should go through the double doors passed the Lido poolside grill and then he'd find the Grand Buffet with different cuisine offered everyday. hahahaha, he and his family had no idea.

Every vacation not just cruises my DH doesnt bring enough Tshirts or unders. He always figures that he will buy a few tshirts on the vacation and he always ends up wearing dirty sweaty shirts the last few days. I usually pack 3-4 extra undies for him otherwise we would be wearing gross ones of those.

Also on my one and only cruise to date, I didnt bring any Aunt Flo items as it wasnt supposed to be that time of the month. WELL Aunt Flo decided to crash in on our vacay and I had to buy some from the ship. Very Expensive and not the kind I usually get. So if you are traveling with a lady make sure she brings some JIC!!!

One thing I notoriously forget to pack is PJ's!!!! I don't know what it is that makes me forget but I have 4 out of the last 5 cruises!!! LOL!!! We also hadn't been able to find our binoculars for the past trips and I found them the other day and went ahead and threw them in the suitcase so I wouldn't forget again!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very fun thread...I never get sick of "planning". I have never done laundry on ship but have always thought I would on a long long cruise...and if cutting down packing maybe one load midstream sipping a dod would be ok..although I hate to think of it..LOL...

I have also never tried these at home but will first and folks swear by them. Anti wrinkle spray..you spray it on what you wear and overnight it is good they say. The other thing is they make these all in one laundry sheets....with softener and antistatic and soap on it already..I think that is great idea for a family and accidents or a longer cruise. Ziplocks for everything and liquid requirements for what you are carreying on!! Also 2 swim suits each if possible if you swim alot and some kind of coverup..you tend to live in them and nice to be able to have one drip drying and one dry!!

Also a spot remover for clothes and little bottle of hand washing liquid for things you do in sink..there is a clothesline in most showers...this stretches what you pack so much and helps you to cut down...(they say) LOL...have a grand time OP.

Edited by sjn911

Had the top of my swimsuit and nylon shorts, but not the actual bottom (I thought they were attached in the shorts) I bought black underwear at the KMart near the port, since I wasn't about to spend $35 on an ugly suit.

Husband misplaced his wedding ring (he can't wear it to work) but felt like he needed one... so he wore the one from a previous marriage. He fussed with it the entire trip. I don't care if he wears one or not, but he insisted. Smile!

I use the over the door shoe organizer on our cruises to help keep everything handy and save room in the bathroom. A few days to 2 weeks before we leave I put it on the bathroom door at home. As I buy those last minute items and as I use my everyday type things I put them in the pockets just like I will keep them on the cruise. By the last day everything I have used is in there. On the last morning/night I go through my cruise packing list to make sure I have everything then I put everything from there into ziplock bags to pack in the suitcases.

On our last cruise I was glad I had bandaids and Neosporin with me as I cut my finger pretty bad on something on the ship railing. I ended up using the few that I packed and had to go to the infirmary to get more which on NCL were free. I wished I had a small bottle of hydrogen peroxide as well but didn't pack any. I have that on my list for future trips.

I would rather have something and not need it rather than wish I had packed it. We normally drive to port so I usually have plenty of room for those things.

Last cruise I left the apple charging cable in the truck after the drive down. Wide and son were without their precious toys. I brought my Android charger.

Didn't help that DW asked as we were unloading the truck if I had packed the cable. I forgot that I pulled it out and used it during the drive.

None of the shops or ports had one.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

We flew to Barcelona for a two week cruise on the Magic to Galveston. Only opened our carry-on in the hotel the night before. Of course my husband had on a pair of slacks traveling and I always carry a set of clothes in the carry-on should our luggage be lost. When we got on the ship the next day and were hanging up our clothes, we discovered the only other pair of slacks was the pair hanging under his suit jacket!! He weighed the suitcase the night before we left and wondered why it was so light. His other slacks were hanging in the closed until the last minute to prevent wrinkles! Thank goodness we were platinum and could still send our laundry every other day.Now I think each person can only have two bags each week.

Hotels have the same rule. It is people who think they can take their glassware in pools and hot tubs that caused my 5 year old to get stitches in her foot from stepping on a shard of glass in the shallow surround of the ship's pool. Please think of others before taking AND LEAVING your glassware anywhere in the pool area. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

Nothing until this last cruise....

WATER PILLS!!! :eek: aka Diurex, etc.

I've never needed them on a cruise before and have never brought them with me.

Also, I travel with a small pharmacy but this time, for some reason, my ankles got seriously swollen.

It was horrible :(

They DO NOT sell them on the ship and you can NOT get them at the Infirmary either because they're considered medication.

I saw people with their legs wrapped, etc.

They are now in my traveling drug store.

We were just served cocktails in the Sunshine hot tub! It was nice!

The rule is no glass in pools and hot tubs.

We were just on Sunshine and were served in the Pool - those *glasses* are plastic. :)

Lido deck would be a mine field of shards if they used real glass.

DH forgot his dress shirt for formal night. It was a Christmas cruise and we were having a family portrait taken. He ended up getting one from a shop on the ship, but they didn't have an XL so he had to buy a L; it fit him like a compression shirt. He was about to choke to death when he buttoned it around his neck for the photo. (The sizes weren't L and XL; I just cannot remember his shirt measurements.)

My 16 y/o son was told for 2 weeks to get his things ready for the cruise. I kept hearing "it only takes me a second, don't worry!" The morning of the trip he put his suitcase together, "see, just a sec!"

Getting dressed for the first elegant night, he pulled on his slacks and they were easily 2" too short! He'd grown much taller since the last trip!

Make sure things still fit!

First of all I would like to thank everyone for such outstanding incite and knowledge about these cruises. We are heading on our 1st one Feb 23 on the Magic to Roatan>Belize>Cozumel.

What did you forget on your 1st cruise and said "dang...should of brought that"??

Thanks CC Family!!

Joseph

Let's see, I forgot my hair stuff...you know, curling iron, hairspray, etc. DH though too the prize - he forgot his dress shoes. We had to go to the formal wear shop, explain what happened and then they had to figure out how to rent a pair of JUST shoes out. Back then we wouldn't have been in the dining room otherwise - whoops! 11 years later, and I still check his bag before we leave! :)

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

Also on my one and only cruise to date, I didnt bring any Aunt Flo items as it wasnt supposed to be that time of the month. WELL Aunt Flo decided to crash in on our vacay and I had to buy some from the ship. Very Expensive and not the kind I usually get. So if you are traveling with a lady make sure she brings some JIC!!!

THIS - what the heck is at about vacation? Seriously! Every. Single. Time.

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014