Is there a photo of the Connie aft out there?

Iamthesea

I looked and really didn't see many showing the changes. Were you looking for a photo from outside? Or were you looking for a photo from the room showing the view?

Edited by RickT

Thank you, everyone.

Papa, I did a Google search and must have worded it wrong because I could not find any updated photos of the aft. Found one, and only one, in your link. ;)

http://catstarrastraltravels.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/289.jpg

We will be staying in the new AQ's near the aft. I did not realize until looking at the photo that a new public deck was built on top of the old (where the new AQ's now are.) Can someone tell me what is above us? Will it be noisy?

Edited by Iamthesea

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1629443&highlight=mr+julius

Try this. Its the Summit.

Keep in mind that if you are over the extension from the buffet, your deck might be bigger. True aft cabins have the biggest. I don't think there will be much noise from above.

Edited by akowilm

Thank you. I had previously seen that thread someplace, but at the time, had no use for it. :D

I see now that it's another sun deck above. I don't know how I missed that when booking the AQ. Ours is 1132 near the aft. My brother and wife have 1140 booked. I guess since we will be on a port intensive cruise, it will not matter that the sun deck is up there. On sea days, if not too windy, we can run up there to sun. I hope no one jogs up there, though. ;)

The link that I posted above, with Papa's help, really shows a good view of the aft set up.

We were in 1119 on Summit a couple of weeks ago. Very little noise from above. We heard a jogger a couple of times, but not bothersome. We did have a lounger above us that was rocking in the wind that I needed to go up and move. No problem after that. Other than the sea day and at sail away, very few people used the upper deck. Very easy access to the restaurants and pool deck. The aft elevator bank is very handy. Since the cabins are isolated there is very little traffic in the hallways. One nice thing about cabin 1117 and 1119 are the balconies are quite a bit larger than the others on 11 because of the bump out in Oceanview below. I would book the cabin again.

Iamthesea, I took pictures showing the larger balcony on 1119 but don't know how to post them. If you look at post 5 of the thread listed by Candycaramal the picture of the starboard side balconies show how the balconies angle out from the rest at the top of the picture with the added divider between the balconies. The added space isn't anywhere near as large as the aft cabins but was noticeable to us compared to the others. The angle started with cabin 1115 through cabin 1121. 1117 and 1119 are the larger of the four. The port side looked the same. I had read about it on another thread but didn't realize how much difference it made until we were on board. Also cabin 1115 is across from a service door and might have noise from it. Our son and DIL were in the inside cabin 1121 across from us and said they heard some noise from the door to the service area with it being next to them but they didn't seem to mind it.

Edited by rdt10

rt10, to attach your photo/s to your post you need to click on the attachments link, with paper clip symbol, in the header above the post writing square on the Reply to Thread page, then browse to the file containing and click on to select, which highlights the shot you want to attach and then click on on open. Do this for each photo your want to attach followed by clicking on upload on the Manage Attachment page. Next close the Manage Attachment page followed by left clicking your mouse cursor where you want the photo/s to appear in your post, at end, beginning or somewhere in middle. Then click on the attachment link again followed by clicking on the photo you want to attach or on attach all for more than one.

Edited by robtulipe

eroller...those are great! They show all the staterooms that I or my family will be sailing in in the next few cruises. Thanks so much.:)

Iamthesea, I took pictures showing the larger balcony on 1119 but don't know how to post them. If you look at post 5 of the thread listed by Candycaramal the picture of the starboard side balconies show how the balconies angle out from the rest at the top of the picture with the added divider between the balconies. The added space isn't anywhere near as large as the aft cabins but was noticeable to us compared to the others. The angle started with cabin 1115 through cabin 1121. 1117 and 1119 are the larger of the four. The port side looked the same. I had read about it on another thread but didn't realize how much difference it made until we were on board. Also cabin 1115 is across from a service door and might have noise from it. Our son and DIL were in the inside cabin 1121 across from us and said they heard some noise from the door to the service area with it being next to them but they didn't seem to mind it.

I see that now. :D Thank you for pointing that out. And thank you candycaramel for posting that link. I have seen those photos, but didn't notice the bump out on the sides before. ;)

I am all set! Hope these new photos help others when deciding on the M- class ships.