NYC Airport, Hotel & Transpo Info

scooby4048

Hello Everyone, wanted to know if anyone has any info regarding hotels, airports and transportation information to pass on to someone that has never been to New York???

Leaving out of MI, planning on staying 2 nights pre-cruise, hotel and airport that's close to the cruise port, but reasonable.

Would like to sight see the day before cruising. Near good restaurants that are a most to visit.....

Thanks in advance to all!!!

I assume you are sailing Carnival which leaves from the Manhattan cruiseport.

Are your hotel dates 10/23 and 10/24? How many people? What is your budget?

LaGuardia airport is closest to Manhattan. A cab to your hotel would be $30-40.

JFK airport is in Queens, NY and would be a flat taxi fare to Manhattan that would end up being in the $70 range including tip (the New Yorkers can provide the details).

Newark airport is in NJ. Airport bus to midtown Manhattan is $16/pp ($28/pp rt) and train is $12.50/pp plus a short cab ride to your hotel.

You have to price the total package of airfare and transportation costs to see what might be best for you.

scooby4048...... we used JFK and Dial7 car service to and from in September 2012. We stayed at the Travel Inn on 42nd Street. Not lots of bells and whistles but good for short stays. Close to the cruiseport and Times Square area. I would stay there again.

scooby4048...... we used JFK and Dial7 car service to and from in September 2012. We stayed at the Travel Inn on 42nd Street. Not lots of bells and whistles but good for short stays. Close to the cruiseport and Times Square area. I would stay there again.

Same here!!

Stayed there 3 times already and it is now my official pre-cruise hotel. In my case since I drive from Montreal, having indoor parking included ( only hotel in Manhattan to do so ) in the price of the room is a bonus.

Not a 5 star but clean, good service and close to Times Square and the pier. 5 minutes drive to get to the pier :)