Question about coffee on Oasis

CruzCrazy

I'm just wondering about the quality of the regular coffee on Oasis and where the best place is to get a decent cup of regular coffee. I don't drink cappuccino or latte, etc., but I do enjoy a couple of decent cups of regular coffee each morning. I understand there is a Starbucks on board, but besides that, is there a good cup of coffee to be had without an extra charge?

For instance, at home I drink something basic like Donut Shop or Green Mountain Breakfast Blend in my Keurig. Even just plain old brewed Folgers French Roast tastes good to me if I add enough creamer, so my expectations are not that high, but on Carnival their regular brewed coffee in the buffet area leaves a lot to be desired (although they did improve it somewhat a couple of years ago).

How does the regular coffee on Oasis measure up? Thanks!

The standard Seattle's Best coffee on Royal Caribbean is way, way better than the swill I had on my last two cruises on Carnival and Celebrity, respectively. The Celebrity coffee was particularly bad, which really surprised me. I realize though that coffee, much like food, is subjective... so you'll have to make up your own mind. I like strong, black coffee and enjoyed the coffee on Oasis.

The standard Seattle's Best coffee on Royal Caribbean is way, way better than the swill I had on my last two cruises on Carnival and Celebrity, respectively. The Celebrity coffee was particularly bad, which really surprised me. I realize though that coffee, much like food, is subjective... so you'll have to make up your own mind. I like strong, black coffee and enjoyed the coffee on Oasis.

Thanks. I didn't realize it was Seattle's Best. I will load that up with creamer and be good to go. ;)

I applaud Carnival for trying to improve their coffee, but every time I drink it there's an aftertaste that is not pleasant. Then I end up ordering alcohol to get rid of it, LOL.

I'm just wondering about the quality of the regular coffee on Oasis and where the best place is to get a decent cup of regular coffee. I don't drink cappuccino or latte, etc., but I do enjoy a couple of decent cups of regular coffee each morning. I understand there is a Starbucks on board, but besides that, is there a good cup of coffee to be had without an extra charge?

For instance, at home I drink something basic like Donut Shop or Green Mountain Breakfast Blend in my Keurig. Even just plain old brewed Folgers French Roast tastes good to me if I add enough creamer, so my expectations are not that high, but on Carnival their regular brewed coffee in the buffet area leaves a lot to be desired (although they did improve it somewhat a couple of years ago).

How does the regular coffee on Oasis measure up? Thanks!

We were on the Oasis in December. We ate breakfast in the Solarium Cafe and the coffee was good. We also ate quite a bit at Park Ave and the coffee was pretty decent there.

I do drink Starbucks and many of royals ships have changed to Starbucks instead of Seattles Best.