Another preferred ship question

GKJ049

Okay, I know that this is posted often but I need some help with the decision making. The itineraries are similar: Cozumel, Belize, Mahogany Bay, Costa Maya.

My wife and I have been on about 14 cruises but only one since 2002. We stopped when our daughter was born but finally took a 5 day with her last year. We are taking our daughter and her 11 year old friend with us on a 7 day cruise in either late June or early July. We would love to book the RCCL Navigator since it is being refurbished next month and RCCL was my favorite line but it is about $1000 more for a smaller cabin than Carnival and I have never cruised with 4 people in a 160 sf cabin before.

So, the question is: Balcony on the newly refurbished Legend or deluxe ocean view on the Dream? Similar prices for either one.

I want to make sure that all 4 of us are going to have fun. Thanks for any input.

Well, unless the "deluxe" in the OV name reflects a lot more square footage, the floor-to-ceiling "window" of the door to a balcony makes the room feel much roomier. If you never go out on it and I'm sure the girls will like to go out as well.

But if the four of you sharing a room the layout will matter some too -- OV's are often arranged as 'bunk houses' with the bottom beds NOT able to push together as a Q/K with the pullman bunks down... which is actually good use of space, but the people on the bottom have to guard bumping their heads! Don't know if that is the layout in a Deluxe OV. A Balcony stateroom may have a sleeper sofa (sometimes only for 1 person with a trundle for the fourth).

I never meant to imply you were wrong to post in Cruise Question -- just like to direct you to better answers (since I have not sailed on CCL).

132c04ec73a292f40a8fd493eef0c0af.png

Edited by crystalspin

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you said that. I posted in the Cruise question because I know that some people are partial to a particular line and sometimes get offended if you don't praise theirs (CC).

I have cruised on RCCL, HAL, Princess, Celebrity, and Carnival with Carnival being my least favorite but, with 4 people going, it is also best for the budget. I have never cruised with 4 in a room before and I have taken many cruises on balconies, which is our preferred cabin but I am thinking that the extra sf of the cabin would be most beneficial. The deluxe OV is 230 sf on the Dream and the twins convert to a queen and the Pullmans are not near the bed. The balcony cabin on the Legend is 185 sf.

Once again, sorry for the misunderstanding. I pasted this in the Carnival section also. Thanks again.