Grandeur of the Seas 1/11/14 Photo and Video Blowout Review!

DEIx15x8

The Falmouth, Jamaica port tour is now available! If you've seen my previous

this is done in the same style with the same graphics package. It covers the entire port with an aerial map identifying where you are at all times.

0.jpg

Time to visit paradise, today I've got the Labadee tour up! It's about 30 minutes long and covers the entire peninsula. The way that I record these I keep moving and walk the whole peninsula. Doing that it took about 2 hours to cover the whole thing. It's amazing how big Labadee has gotten. Hope you enjoy and as always feel free to share the link!

This is the final video of the official series. I hope everyone enjoyed it. Next up will be TheCruiseView daily vlog and informational series. Since this sailing was treated as a beta for Quantum I'm not sure how the quality will be and if I want to make it public or simply use it as a practice and proof of concept to show Royal Caribbean. The series will cover everything that occurs on a daily basis such as location, weather, complete compass, menus, and a daily in depth venue tour. If anyone has an opinion please let me know.

For those of you that may not have been following the whole thread or missed something here is a complete video list:

Events:

-Captain's Welcome Aboard Reception:

-Captain's Corner:

-Cake Decorating Demonstration:

-50's & 60's Sock Hop:

-70's Disco Inferno Centrum Party:

-Seasons of the Centrum Aerial Show:

-Sun Aerial Special:

Ports:

-Falmouth, Jamaica Tour:

-Labadee, Haiti Tour:

Arrivals, Departures, and other Ships

-GoPro Timelapses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26PRyTT5UX4

-Baltimore, MD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seHHmihCdNc

-Cozumel, Mexico (Costa Luminosa, AIDABella, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Ecstasy): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2lT1DoYR5o

-Spotts Bay, Grand Cayman (Carnival Breeze, Brilliance of the Seas, Allure of the Seas, Carnival Liberty, Norwegian Pearl): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKoqJNNNXeE

-Falmouth, Jamaica (Louis Cristal): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWcutqhCHsc

-Labadee, Haiti (Explorer of the Seas): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pInWUXs1y9o

And the photos list:

Day 1: Departure

Day 2: At Sea

Day 3: At Sea

Day 4: At Sea

Day 5: Cozumel, Mexico

Day 6: George Town, Grand Cayman (Rescheduled to Spotts Bay)

Day 7: Falmouth, Jamaica

Day 8: Labadee, Haiti

Day 9: At Sea

Day 10: At Sea

Day 11: Debarkation

• 4 weeks later...
This is an amazing detailed account of the itinerary we are taking in November! Did you by any change save any of the cruise compasses or menus? Thanks again we have watched your videos and are getting excited!

Glad you enjoyed it! I have photos of each of the days menu's in the respective day's album:

Day 1: Departure

Day 2: At Sea

Day 3: At Sea

Day 4: At Sea

Day 5: Cozumel, Mexico

Day 6: George Town, Grand Cayman (Rescheduled to Spotts Bay)

Day 7: Falmouth, Jamaica

Day 8: Labadee, Haiti

Day 9: At Sea

Day 10: At Sea

Day 11: Debarkation

You should see photos taken of the menu on the interactive boards near the start of each album and then photos of the menu and food closer to the bottom (at dinner time).

I do save all of my Cruise Compasses but don't scan them. If their is something in particular you want to know about I can check it. I will also be releasing a new video series, theCruiseView which is a daily account of what is happening onboard including the compass and menus. I have Day 1 finished and included the entire compass with times and venues scrolling on the side for that part. I will be creating a separate thread for that series since I think most will overlook it in here and I'll be looking for feedback in editing the rest of the days and preparing for Quantum of the Seas. It should be available tomorrow morning.

• 2 weeks later...

Does Grandeur have the stabilizers now or are the older ships just without that feature? This will be the smallest ship I've ever sailed (I've been on Disney Magic, Disney Dream, and RCI Freedom twice) so I'm a bit nervous about the amount of movement. We are considering a Bermuda cruise and this port makes it perfect for us.......

Does Grandeur have the stabilizers now or are the older ships just without that feature? This will be the smallest ship I've ever sailed (I've been on Disney Magic, Disney Dream, and RCI Freedom twice) so I'm a bit nervous about the amount of movement. We are considering a Bermuda cruise and this port makes it perfect for us.......

The older ships have stablizers. I just looked at fact sheets on all the Vision class ships, and every one says they have stabilizers, except Grandeur. I'm guessing this is a misprint, because Grandeur was a twin of Enchantment, and Enchantment has stabilizers.

The older ships have stablizers. I just looked at fact sheets on all the Vision class ships, and every one says they have stabilizers, except Grandeur. I'm guessing this is a misprint, because Grandeur was a twin of Enchantment, and Enchantment has stabilizers.

The Grandeur does have stabilizers. I also checked those fact sheets and was surprised they weren't listed. During the captain's corner this past January the chief engineer and captain did discuss these stabilization system onboard:

[YOUTUBE]uIvHxP8bVMQ[/YOUTUBE]

Skip to 27:38 for that specific question. Size does make the biggest difference when it comes to movement of the ship, more so than if a ship has a stabilization system or not (though that does obviously help considerably). The Disney Magic is about 83,000GT and the Grandeur is about 73,000GT, so she is smaller, but compared to the Freedom of the Seas and Disney Dream they are not that different in size. Since you are looking at Bermuda you will likely be sailing between May and September which should have smoother seas. In the northeast the seas can be pretty wicked during the colder months. Last summer we sailed to Bermuda on May 17th and had some cooler temperatures and a day of rain but the ship movement was not bad at all. If you were looking at a winter sailing I would say to worry, but in the summer it's still possible but rare. If your still concerned the Explorer does Bermuda as well our of New Jersey but IMO it's not worth the price difference. The cost is usually equal to or more than Grandeur and you only get a 5 day cruise instead of 7.

. . . If your still concerned the Explorer does Bermuda as well our of New Jersey but IMO it's not worth the price difference. The cost is usually equal to or more than Grandeur and you only get a 5 day cruise instead of 7.

Actually, the Explorer cruises to Bermuda are different than the Grandeur. We have taken one on each ship.

The Grandeur has an indoor solarium and that is very nice if there is a rainy or cool/cold day. So, I like the GOTS for early spring trips.

However, the need to slowly make its way through the Chesapeake Bay impacts time in Bermuda for GOTS. Grandeur arrives late in the day on a Sunday. It is almost too late to do very much, since Bermuda transportation is limited on Sunday. Also, cabs have a 25% surcharge on Sundays. They are pricey.

The Explorer can head East right away and gives you 3 full days to enjoy the island.

Actually, the Explorer cruises to Bermuda are different than the Grandeur. We have taken one on each ship.

The Grandeur has an indoor solarium and that is very nice if there is a rainy or cool/cold day. So, I like the GOTS for early spring trips.

However, the need to slowly make its way through the Chesapeake Bay impacts time in Bermuda for GOTS. Grandeur arrives late in the day on a Sunday. It is almost too late to do very much, since Bermuda transportation is limited on Sunday. Also, cabs have a 25% surcharge on Sundays. They are pricey.

The Explorer can head East right away and gives you 3 full days to enjoy the island.

The Explorer only does 5 night Bermuda sailings. She gets in at 9am on day 3 and then leaves at 5pm on day 4. The Grandeur does 7 night sailings that arrive at 3pm on day 3 and leave at 6pm on day 5. That extra afternoon is enough time to explorer all of Dockyard so that you can focus on other areas of the island the other two days. The third option (which I kind of like but have never tried) doesn't focus on Bermuda at all, but the Explorer does a 9 night caribbean sailing that includes Bermuda as a port of call on day 3 from 8am to 4pm.

• 2 years later...
The Explorer only does 5 night Bermuda sailings. She gets in at 9am on day 3 and then leaves at 5pm on day 4. The Grandeur does 7 night sailings that arrive at 3pm on day 3 and leave at 6pm on day 5. That extra afternoon is enough time to explorer all of Dockyard so that you can focus on other areas of the island the other two days. The third option (which I kind of like but have never tried) doesn't focus on Bermuda at all, but the Explorer does a 9 night caribbean sailing that includes Bermuda as a port of call on day 3 from 8am to 4pm.

I hope you are right,i though royal moved the explorer from Bermuda.

I hope you are right,i though royal moved the explorer from New Jersey.

• 9 months later...

Horrendous - Terrible - Bad - Poor - Neutral - Good - Great - Awesome - Spectacular

I am posting a review of my Harmony B2B soon. Would you mind if I use the same rating categories for my review?

I am posting a review of my Harmony B2B soon. Would you mind if I use the same rating categories for my review?

Please feel free to. I hope you saw some of my Harmony of the Seas video/photo series. She's a beauty of a ship with some great entertainment onboard!

Please feel free to. I hope you saw some of my Harmony of the Seas video/photo series. She's a beauty of a ship with some great entertainment onboard!

Thanks!

Done 21 nights over the course of 9 months on Harmony and yes, she is a fantastic ship! I also enjoyed the full CruiseView series, and hope to see some from Anthem soon!

Thanks!

Done 21 nights over the course of 9 months on Harmony and yes, she is a fantastic ship! I also enjoyed the full CruiseView series, and hope to see some from Anthem soon!

My Anthem cruise was unfortunately cut short unexpectedly. I honestly haven't even had a chance to get through my videos and photos from that April sailing yet. I plan to get a new MacBook shortly and will get the few videos and episodes that I have from it up. I got a great interview with Captain Srecko Ban but didn't film the episode for the interviews day, so I'm going to have to do some editing or film an intro at home for it. It's was a really fun and informative one. I will be making up for everything I missed though with a redo sailing in December which will hopefully make it to the end with all the usual videos that I didn't get to do in April.

My Anthem cruise was unfortunately cut short unexpectedly. I honestly haven't even had a chance to get through my videos and photos from that April sailing yet. I plan to get a new MacBook shortly and will get the few videos and episodes that I have from it up. I got a great interview with Captain Srecko Ban but didn't film the episode for the interviews day, so I'm going to have to do some editing or film an intro at home for it. It's was a really fun and informative one. I will be making up for everything I missed though with a redo sailing in December which will hopefully make it to the end with all the usual videos that I didn't get to do in April.

Sorry to hear about your cruise being shortened.

Hopefully you can enjoy a great Anthem sailing in December, would love to do one of those 12 night Southern Caribbean cruises from Bayonne one winter!