Credit Card Fraud in New Orleans

sunandsnow

ALWAYS alert your card company that you will be traveling before you leave. Mine wants to know just where I'll be on what days and if they see anything suspicious, I receive an alert.

Anything out of the ordinary gets rejected. They ask if I'm flying or renting a car or staying in a hotel and if I'll be shopping in the various ports.

I have both a MC and a Visa and both my card issuers are very diligent about this.

We were on the Dream Repositioning cruise on April 5. The only place we stopped and used the card was at Avis in New Orleans, then did not stop again until we were in Florida. We just got our bill and there is over $2000 in fraudulent charges, hair salon, water bills, electric bills, cell phone bills (several), Dish Network bills all in the New Orleans area. We are getting it straightened out, but I wanted to let you guys know. Check your credit card if you went to Avis.

LOLOL! Anyone who uses a stolen credit card to pay bills like that, should be on that show Worlds Dumbest Criminals. Too stupid.