Lipsticks-What's the latest?

TravelRocker

Hi, I know there have been several threads regarding the longevity of lipsticks here and I did research them. I'm still on my quest for the brand that "really" stays on. It's always 14 hours this and all day that but....it never is! What I am looking for is the kind that the screen stars wore in the 30's and 40's, the kind that "stained" your lips even after the main coverage is gone.

I remember when I was a kid my Mom used Tangee, in a metal case no less, and it stained her mouth and stayed on..... I keep trying the new ones that come out and am disappointed 95% of the time. Best yet so far has been Maybelline, think it's 14 hours and it actually does "stain".

I've got dozens and dozens of lipsticks that just glide on and come off just as fast, I keep one pink, one red, one brown and one burgundy in my desk drawer at work to use them up but when I go out I hate having to always reapply all night. Help!!! ( I guess when the cosmetics industry discovered that the faster it goes the more you'll buy)!

Some of this stuff they advertise now looks like colored glue, I've even heard guys say they don't want to kiss girls that are wearing the high gloss stuff. What have you found that does the trick.....thanks :)

Revlon Colorstay and Maybelline SuperStay - both so drying & staining (even using the lip balm that comes with them) that I got rid of them.

My lips need constant moisture so I prefer a tinted balm since I'm reapplying all the time anyway:p

I use benetint by benefit it is a true stain and I just carry lip gloss

I had my lips tattooed,

Painless, heals within a few days and last for 2 plus years for me..just dash on a lip gloss for moisture and done.

My cost was about U$100....lest than a year´s supply of lipstick

Angela

Los Cruceros

I rarely use lipstick these days preferring lip stains and gloss but not that horrid sticky stuff we used to wear as kids in a glass bottle with a roller applicator..yuck.

Chanel and Dior do nice lip glosses and I have a couple of lip stains from Dior which are more like traditional lipsticks but subtle.

Your right though my husband doesn't like me wearing the gloss for kisses:D:D

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

Revlon Colorstay and Maybelline SuperStay - both so drying & staining (even using the lip balm that comes with them) that I got rid of them.

Yep, went right in the trash.

My lips need constant moisture so I prefer a tinted balm since I'm reapplying all the time anyway:p

I've never had problems with dry lips but that above stuff did such a number on my lips that it took days to get rid of the dryness.:( Plain old lipstick for me.:)

I am a fan of covergirl/ 2 step - outlast - lots of colors and not that drying (using the provided balm) - 2 types available - I have a few of each - only reapply once during the day!

http://www.covergirl.com/lip-makeup/lipstick/long-lasting-lip-color-outlast-all-day

http://www.covergirl.com/lip-makeup/lipstick/moisturizing-lipstick-outlast-smoothwear

Edited by Froufie

I usually get suckered into trying the new ones and then am disappointed with the dryness, etc. and go back to the old "mood"-type lipsticks that change with your body chemistry. Best colors for me are the black Magical Lips with aloe and E (makes a dark fuschia on me) and the green mood one which is lighter but still a dark pink on me. I usually put a lighter shade over to tone it down but at the end of the day, lips still have some color. I do also usually carry some sort of lip softener or light non-waxy chapstick type to use a couple of times in the day, especially in winter. I get these at Sally and no, they aren't the latest or greatest "in-style-now cosmetic" but are affordable enough for folks to try and see if they work for them.