Trivia contest

Janespup

What kind of questions do they ask at the Trivia Contest? Is it a fun thing to do?

On the Pride they had many different themes and the themes are identified in the Funtimes. The ones held in the main theater usually had a slide show and you had to identify the pictures. Two themes in the theater that I remember were Places and Personalities. I enjoyed them and it was a way to win a ship on a stick:) (but I didn't win one:().

Edited by sparks1093

We love the trivia!! We have a collection of "24 karat gold plastic ship on a stick"s. There are all kinds, various times of day. We have noticed that some of them need to be updated as we are learning the questions and answers... (I guess that's multi-cruiser advantage!)

Yes trivia is one of our favorite onboard activities. They have all different categories of trivia.....TV themes, movies, music era's, geography, and Sports Trivia.

I don't wanna brag but I am Carnival Cruise Lines Sports Trivia Champion of the World

The trivia games were really fun. Trivia is one of my favorite things to on land, so it was a given we were going to attend as much as possible. Name that Tune was my Gold Star moment as I won a ship on stick. It now resides on my computer desk at work proving to everyone of my co-workers that my useless talent for knowing words to all songs pays off LOL.

they did have some really hard trivia, like Ancient History and this one where they give you the letters of the words. Sort of like this:

26 L I T A=26 Letters In The Alphabet

My husband loved that one.

The last sea day was almost a full day of trivia. We basically stayed and played all day because it was raining.

Yes trivia is one of our favorite onboard activities. They have all different categories of trivia.....TV themes, movies, music era's, geography, and Sports Trivia.

I don't wanna brag but I am Carnival Cruise Lines Sports Trivia Champion of the World

Come cruise with us, we win almost every sports trivia we enter.

The trivia games were really fun. Trivia is one of my favorite things to on land, so it was a given we were going to attend as much as possible. Name that Tune was my Gold Star moment as I won a ship on stick. It now resides on my computer desk at work proving to everyone of my co-workers that my useless talent for knowing words to all songs pays off LOL.

they did have some really hard trivia, like Ancient History and this one where they give you the letters of the words. Sort of like this:

The last sea day was almost a full day of trivia. We basically stayed and played all day because it was raining.

We love Trivia too. We have won the Super Duper Trivia Contest twice. We lost on the Breeze in September due to my big mouth. I blurted out the wrong answer. So this time..in March..i am taking my team. DH. DD.DSIL. (we play Trivial pursuit with them.they beat us like a drum. I have high hopes.)

BEST part of TRIVIA............the people you meet. Winners all of them.

Yep, we had a blast. But due to self checking of answers we felt it was a bit too easy for some to cheat if they felt so inclined. We still had fun with our 75% correct average. Drinking helps.

That is an issue. We were on a cruise where one man played by himself. We invited him to play with us and so did others. But he wanted to play alone. He refused to play with a group when the Staff tried to get him too....

He did scribble a lot during the questions.......AND the answers. I told my DH to watch him. he jumped me good. And he is not that kind, but he said it was so unkind to suspect him without any proof. OK. I deserved it.

Then in super Trivia.....He was on our team. he had to be. He was assigned. If he had any answers he was wrong. he did cheat. he knew nothing.

then I thought..........what psychological issues does he have..that he has to appear to be the winner? Deep. then he sort of scared me a little. & I was sorry for him at the same time.I don't know how the staff would have dealt with him.B ut he cheated.there is no way he could have won all of those games...and then knew NOTHING in the one time he played with a group.

Making the top three winners turn in sheets would help. refusing to let singles play. Assign them to a team. "for space reasons". that I think would be the best. NO ONE can play alone. that would end it.

Edited by AmberTeka

Yep, we had a blast. But due to self checking of answers we felt it was a bit too easy for some to cheat if they felt so inclined. We still had fun with our 75% correct average. Drinking helps.

That was the one thing I liked about the lead person doing trivia on the Conquest, she made everybody switch papers.

Although I'm aware there are some people who cheat by writing down the answers as they are being given, there other things to consider. 1) a lot of these trivia questions are the same on several ships, the more you play the more you remember from cruise to cruise. 2) And I'm guilty of this one, when people take B2B cruises, the trivia games are the exact same in most cases. I don't consider that cheating, if you like trivia you like trivia. The ships need two sets of trivia questions. With that said, we win several trivia's on the first of the B2B cruises, and more on the second, but we only keep one ship on a stick per ship.

With that said, we win several trivia's on the first of the B2B cruises, and more on the second, but we only keep one ship on a stick per ship.

You have hit the nail on the head:)

I hate it, as so many trivia players do, when certain couples who know the answers from previous cruises take all the SOAS.

We all know who they are and probably sell the ships on ebay.

I hate it, as so many trivia players do, when certain couples who know the answers from previous cruises take all the SOAS.

I agree, I see them on eBay as well. I can assure you we don't keep them, we either let the second place person/team take them, or give them to someone.

That is my favorite trivia also

like 18 H on a GC.

We had this on our last cruise -- I got 16 of 20, but a woman by me got 17. It was only after winning she admitted that they'd been on 5 cruises already that year (this was in May, too). She said she usually goes home with 10 - 12 SOAS.

Me? I'm happy with one. After that I'll play for fun, but won't accept a prize.

Some questions are really obscure, some are wrong (the answer key has incorrect answers).

Our favorite format (to stop the cheaters) is 'Last Man Standing'. The host reads 4 answers and you have to pose. A. Hands on head B. Hands on hips C. Raise right hand D. Cross your arms.

If you didn't have the right pose, everyone could see it. NO cheaters!

I dont know Wrigley!

Me and my Husband are pretty good too :D

We won 14 medals and two ships this past cruise on the Splendor

Last year on the Miracle we had 4 medals and 7 ships

Glory in 2012 was 1 medal and 8 ships

Fascination was 0 medals and 7 ships

It's fun till you realize there are people cheating, or have played before and know the answers.

I'll agree with you on the cheating part, but just because people play a lot and remember the answers doesn't take the fun out of it. Some people actually had more fun trying to beat my wife and I because we seen the same people at most of the trivia games, it was a challenge they had fun with. Since we didn't keep the SOAS other people still got the trophy.

I'll agree with you on the cheating part, but just because people play a lot and remember the answers doesn't take the fun out of it. Some people actually had more fun trying to beat my wife and I because we seen the same people at most of the trivia games, it was a challenge they had fun with. Since we didn't keep the SOAS other people still got the trophy.

Yeah, but how would you like to play against someone where you have not been exposed to the questions before, but they have?

Yeah, but how would you like to play against someone where you have not been exposed to the questions before, but they have?

That's just part of any game you play, nobody is great at it in the beginning, the more you play the better you get. How would you propose the people who like trivia go about it then ? Just not play.